t5`s for flowering?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jed1970, Apr 6, 2013.

1. i was wondering if there was a general thought on using t5 flouros for veg using 6500k t5`s and flowering using 3000k ?
    ive read that you really need hid lamps for penetration but if i did a scrog type of deal would it b feasable
    i ask coz my 600w hps hammers the elec and with t5`s theres no heat issue
    has anybody tried this?
    peace jed

2. Is what we did back in the 70's, use warm white 2700k, and keep them close, but they will like a blast with the HPS on the last week

3. cheers for the reply mate im havin some heat issues and was thinking of just buying 4 more t5 units(i have a 2 foot 1 already for clones)
    i have so little room to grow iin it unreal

4. Oh no not the 2 ft jobs,....my post was for the 4ft unites,...they got heaps more lumens, keep that 2ft unit you have for clones

5. unless you get one of those 2 ft tek lamps that have 10, 000 lumen...

6. ...vs a standard 600w HPS at 98000 Lumens...thats quite a cut?

7. true, however the same amount as the 4 foot units with heaps more lumens mentioned.

8. thanks for the advice everybody -i thought of getting a couple of 4 foot fixtures but i figured using the 4 foot t5`s itd b wasted coz my plants only get to 3 ft tall?
    the 2 foot t5 ive got is 6600 lumens so id need loads more and theyre not cheap
    btw ive put it in with my 600w hpos for some extra side lite
    ideally i should have a air cooled hood but theyre so noisy and im scared of my neighbour hearing