t5 lighting to veg/flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bongzilla4200, Oct 3, 2009.

1. anyone use t5 lighting to veg/flower there plants is it just as good as hps/mh

2. Yep.....Just as good if you have a SCROG grow.

3. I would highly recommend them I just use them for veg and hps for flower.:smoke:

4. I used them to veg/flower just recently (3 month grow, 3 plants), and did nothing to the plants except let them grow naturally in some MG soil and a little flowering nutes...

...got 2 oz's per plant.

Just remember to use 3/4th's 6500K (blue) bulbs with 25% 3000K (red) bulbs for veg, and reverse for flowering. I had a 4' x 8 bulb T5...and increased my electric bill by about $30 - $40 per month.

5. Dilandau.. do you have any pics? of the product? And what fixture were you using?

6. I have a 8 bulb t5 and it works wonders! energy efficient as well

7. tropicana you use it for veg and flower?

8. I use it only for veg...I have a 600 w HPS for flower...but the bulbs can easily be changed to accomodate flowering plants.

9. Here is a post I made about my grow, with pics too.

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-...cs-results-t5-veg-flowering-bagseed-soil.html

The pics are from a month ago. The tallest plant is still flowering, actually. I took the pictures around day 60, and this sativa wanted to go 90 days. I'm about to chop her down today.

Fun fun. :)