T5 Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by leahw, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Hey GC! I've been lurking around for a few years, and I'm finally getting around to starting a journal. I've posted pictures from a previous grow, but not a journal. This is my second grow. My first grow was pretty successful with 12oz off of 3 plants. My goal for this grow is a pound, but we'll see how it goes.

-4x4x6 tent
    -2 HO T5 8 bulb fixtures, currently only one fixture on
    -6" inline fan, moving to 8" during flower for carbon filter
    -passive intake
    -12" oscillating fan
    - VermiFire Organic Potting soil mixed with Kellogg Organic Premium Potting Mix

-2 Green crack by Sick Meds (10 days old)
    -1 Mama Mia by Seedsman (5 days old)
    -1 Blueberry cross from my first grow (9 days old)
    2 of the 4 plants have nute burn on their first true leaves from the soil, but have no further signs on new growth.

I meant to have only 2 strains with 2 plants each, but some of my seeds didn't sprout. I plan on doing a 3.5'x3.5' scrog.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Update on the girls
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Blueberry cross was the smallest plant, and is now the biggest of the four. She's got wide indica dominant leaves and very short node spacing. I think she's going to do great in the scrog. 1482167253424.jpg 1482167269962.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looking good man, I veg with T5HO just a 4bulb, interested to see how these flower under 2×8bulb!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks man! Still got a bit of nute burn, especially on the mama mia, but I think the bigger they get, the more that will fade. I Should have put them I'm a soil that wasn't so hot, but I didnt have a choice. Nothing seems to be stunted too bad though. I'll post some shots from my previous grow in a few.

6. I feel you on that, I had soil issues when I started. Now I'm using a Promix, with FF trio. But it should fade. Maybe next time you pop some more beans, set aside what you need to start and flush the soil real good so it won't be so hot for the seedlings.

7. Good idea! Thank you. I'll be using ff trio as well. I want to go full organic this round but just didn't have the time or resources.

8. Honestly I thought organic would be better for me, less work after the intial soil brew. I know most organic soil's have to sit for awhile before use, and tracking down all the Organic amendmemts can be a hassel. I actually find it more rewarding giving the plant what it needs when it needs it. So Promix is a Organic soilless medium with no nutes, almost like hydro but alittle more forgiving like soil, so your in control of what and how much they are fed. Allows me to be alittle more hands on, seeing as how I work from home gives me plenty of time to keep on eye on things. I'm close to 2 weeks flower now, and FF nutes hasn't burned me yet, so ever have any issue or question let me know. You seem to have grasp on what you gotta do so keep at it, and keep it posted!

9. Thanks for the advice!

10. Here's a few shots from my previous grow. The 2 bottom photos are from the same seeds of the blueberry I'm growing now. Pulled 12oz out of that tent.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wow, impressive results with the T5's! Great job man. This my first run Flowering with 400w hps and 300w LED, only ended up with one female. Have clones under T5's.

20161219_133859.jpg
    One top, she has about 16+ didn't top just LST and SCROG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks!
    She's looking good man!

13. Try it!! I love my t5s. Honestly I don't expect to ever change my lighting. I might experiment with other types, but I'm impressed with the results I've gotten with these.
    I could have probly hit a pound if I hadn't have culled one of my plants and let them all finish for another 2 weeks. (Due to getting kicked out I had to chop em down)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice, how many plants did the 12oz come from?

15. 3, CBD Yummy, Nemesis, and my Blueberry Cross, and a little auto which I probly got a gram off of.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Little update on the girls, they aren't looking so happy.

3 days ago I topped the Blueberry.
    Last night I watered the Blueberry and the Geen Crack girls. Gave them about 4 cups of filtered water each with half dose of rhizoblast and a half tsp of molasses then phd the mix before I gave it to them.
    Gc#1 already looked like shit.
    Gc#2 actually looks way better than she did.
    Bb, has some spots going on, and she's slightly droopy.
    Second pic is Mama Mia, I'm guessing calmag issue?
    Next 4 are blueberry
    And the last is GC#1

Attached Files:

17. The plants look terrible, but they are making a comeback. I fed them Sea Blast Grow, and Calmag, both 1/4 strength, 2 days ago. The claw has gone away on the GC and new growth on all the plants looks really good but it's still coming in pretty pale, so tonight I will foliar feed.
    I started tying them down since I can't top the GC until they look a bit better. Don't want to stress them out too bad.
    The new tops on the BB are growing real good not that they've been fed.
    Transplant should be coming up in a few weeks if they continue to get better.

2nd picture, Mama Mia
    3 BB
    4,5 GC

Attached Files:

18. The girls are looking happy and healthy again. Transplant looks like it's coming up this week. The GC is so small compared to the BB and MM, so I'm hoping the transplant will help them take off. I've yet to top the GC girls but the BB and MM are so happy with their new tops. The BB is going to be a bush.

2nd and 3rd pic are GC
    4th is BB
    Last is MM

Attached Files:

19. The ladies are looking pretty good. The GC girls are pushing out pistils finally. And the GC2 slacker is now growing better than GC1. I still havn't topped the GC girls, but i think im going to tonight. MM is super happy and growing super well. She took really well to being topped. And she cant get enough nitrogen. The BB is doing really well, she's a bush. Super dense and tons of tops. She's going to do really well in the scrog.

GC#2
    GC#1
    BB
    MM

Attached Files: