T5 Flourescents Vertically Against Wall?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DieNamicz, May 27, 2008.

1. I'm wondering if anybody can give me some input...

I had previously bought two set's of 4' T5 Flourescent systems for my vegetation room. Unfortunetly i now have to move the vegetation system to another area which will be a cabinet.. The problem is that the cabinet is only 2 1/2' Wide. Since my T5's are 4' wide they will not fit so i was thinking if maybe i can set the t5's vertically against the cabinets walls? The whole cabinet will be covered in Mylar.. Would this be okay? I made a small sketch to kinda show you guys what im talking about..

[​IMG]

2. you probably wouldn't get the intensity the plants need with the bulbs that far away. You could use another light in tandem with your existing lights and probably get some nice results.

I plan on building something similar to what is in this pic, it's a frame made out of PVC pipe and wiring in some light sockets, except I'll probably go with 6 or so per side. you could build one too and use some 23w CFL's or higher if you needed to. cheap and easy. I forgot where I saw this design, but thanks whoever you are. It's brilliant.

p.s. please don't laugh at my awesome paint skills

Attached Files:

3. yeah T5's need to be very close to be effective, try adding some more light at the top. say like one of those big 125w+ CFL's? just an idea...

4. Here's the link to what you're talking about, when I saw it I decided to try one for myself and it works kick ass...

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/231455-inexpensive-diy-grow-light.html

5. Are T5's the same as a 48" Shop light? with the 2 bulbs?

6. Thanks for the answers guys... I'm gonna see if i can get a hold of one 2' T5 to put on top aswell

7. Yes that's the one, thank you. I haven't started making mine yet. I think I'm just going to scale it up a bit and make it the size of my grow area and stuff it with cfl's. Can't really go wrong with that I guess. I just wish I was smart enough to integrate a 12v tap into the fixture for computer fans or something.

8. a single 2' T5 strip? not going to help much at all.

or are you talking about a 4 or 8 bulb 2' T5 setup?

i would get either a big cfl, or at least a 4 bulb 2' T5 for up top.