t0kef33fa presents: Bag seed CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by t0ker33fa, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Thanks again Akhans!! + rep! Fast response! Hope you'll be around for awhile. Just getting started, so a long way to go with alot to learn. Thanks to people on here like you for making the growing easier for the noobs!

2. Haha, we were all noobs at one time :p As long as you can post pics, you'll get all the advice you need here.

Also, as far as mixing nutes, I would add the ferts to your water so that you can give it a vigorous mixing and get as much oxygen dissolved into the water for your roots. That's what you should be focusing on early into the grow. The better your roots are taken care of, the more you'll have, and the faster and bigger your plant will grow.

3. My plants loved the first dose of nutrients.
    No more dry drooping leaves, with BigGrow how often do you feed them?
    Like once a week?
    Also should I up the dosage next time?

Attached Files:

4. nice Toke!! Looking good! Just feed mine a light dose today, hope mine react the same! I need the answer to the strength of the second dose also. I also wondered how many days should i go till i feed again, just when they need watered? Thanks akhans once again! Just ordered myself a camera should be here in the next week. Hoping to be able to post pics here soon if i can figure it out.

5. I think it's just once a week you feed them nutes, but I'm not 100%.
    I hear ya, thanks akhans. Helped me out a lot. :smoke:

6. How often you feed depends on your dosage. You can either do one big feeding and water only for the next couple times you water, or smaller doses more often. Again, it all depends on the tolerance of your plant.

Toker has some pretty fat Indica leaves, and historically, Indica's are heavier feeders and less picky, so I wouldn't hesitate to try some more Big Bloom the next watering. If you see the slightest bit of burning at the tips of your leaves though, stop adding nutes or lower your concentration.

I use Tiger Bloom every other watering and Big Bloom with every watering. I usually water every 3-5 days.

7. Alright sweet thanks man, lol you come through saving the day yet again.
    To bad I don't have a higher rep level, because then if I added to your rep it'd actually do something.

8. #108 akhans, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
    Haha, funnily enough, once you get to the point where your rep means something, you don't really care about it by then. Thanks is enough for me XD

Also, gotta spread some around before I can give some to you :p

9. The baby's are really starting to perk up. They love the nutes.
    When this gallon I made runs out and when I make a new one you think I could step it up too 2.5 teaspoons? For this one I currently have I put in 1.5 teaspoons.

Attached Files:

10. I would keep the big bloom the same, and start Grow Big or other high nitrogen ferts.

11. thanks again akhans!! they do look nice toke! Anyone ever heard that you can tell the sex by the shape of the edge of the leaves? Look more like teeth on the edges = male.? just heard this today and wondered how true it was? Thanks for any replies!

12. #112 t0ker33fa, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    I don't have BloomBig, all I'm using right now is GrowBig.

@Greenbuzz; I'm sure thats just a myth, if you look online you will find 100's of false information on how to tell if its a female.
    & As far as I know the only true way too know 100% is too put them into flowering mode and within 2 weeks you will either see a bunch of sacks (male),
    Or you will see two white little pistils on there (female).

13. That's a myth greenbuzz. You can't be sure about a plant's sex until it's ready to show you :p

Toker, remember that as low as the concentration is, it's still flowering nutes. Your plant needs nitrogen to veg out well. Even miracle grow high N nutes would be better than nothing.

14. But GrowBig is for veg and BigBloom is for flowering...
    GrowBig has more nitrogen then BigBloom..
    BigBloom even has 'BLOOM' in its name.

15. Yes, and you're in veg aren't you?

16. Yes I am that's why I'm using Grow Big, has a higher nitro level.
    6-4-4 (nitrogen being the 6) good for vegging.
    Big Bloom has a higher phosphorus level, good for flowering.

17. Lmao, I totally thought you were using Big Bloom this entire time... I would keep using the same strength for a couple feedings before you decide to up it. Just keep watching the tips of your leaves for stress in the mean time.

18. hahaha! I have never seen one(male), so my best bet is to flower, i just have 2 that are questionable so i was hoping for a shortcut. I'll give um another week then change the time on um. I bought general organic stater pack, any one have reviews or suggestions bout them? Thanks again akhans and toker!

19. Lol yeah, and alright cool thats what I figured thanks.

and greenbuzz, unstead of flowering earlier then you want, you can just snip some clones and flower 'em when there roots develop

20. I am a lil scared of the clone thing, i really dont know what a branch that can be cloned looks like? So many nodes or just size(length)? I need to get my camera for some pics, i know it would help with advice. Thanks for everything!