t0kef33fa presents: Bag seed CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by t0ker33fa, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Good info Dissec but I think I'll stick to the airstone method for now, at least while I'm growing in soil.

The microbial life in my soil is something I depend on. They feed on dead and unhealthy roots leaving more room for healthy ones, break down otherwise unusable complex nitrates and other compounds that the plant can then feed on, reducing the likely hood of pH issues and nutrient deficiencies, as well as fighting other unhealthy bacteria's, molds, and fungi that would harm my plant.

H202 has a good chance of killing those microbes off, so in terms of aerating my water, I'll stick to my airstone haha.

Hydro on the other hand is a whole different ball game. I would highly recommend a peroxide bath occasionally to keep algae and root rot in check.

That's how I learned :D To think, it was only a few years ago that I was asking if a 13 watt 2ft florescent lamp would work for an indoor grow XD

2. Lol I know what your saying. You learn alot via grow journals/grasscity, three years ago I was vegging a sprout in a small glass cup with a 20w soft white bulb. That thing took forever to veg with softwhite, my next grow I figured out I needed a daylight. You can gain large amounts of knowledge in a such short amount of time, I learn faster on here than I ever did in school.
    :gc_rocks:

3. 4 years ago I was smoking on male bud and didn't know the difference. LOL

Of course, it's easier to learn something you're interested in. And i'm pretty damn interested in ganja haha.

4. lol yeah I hear you, I eventually want to move to California and open a dispensary and make a living out of this.
    Hopefully one day.. everyone has a dream.;)

5. Who doesn't want to do that? On GC anyway lol. I'll go halves with ya mayne XD

6. Ha thats exactly what me and my little brother (1 year younger) were talking about, moving to Cali (or possibly Colorado), growing our own bud, and opening our own dispensary.

7. Haha looks like we all have the same dream.
    Lets all make a mini mall of dispensary's.:smoke:
    Update: I held off on the watering and they loved the dryness:)

Attached Files:

8. Another update, getting a little bit bigger.
    Do you guys think I can go another day without watering?
    I'm buying a ph meter and ph down tomorrow, I haven't watered in 2-3 days.
    I stuck my finger down about an inch and half and it seemed kinda dry but there's probably alot of moister a bit farther down.

Attached Files:

9. Do you do the weight test? Dryer soil weighs less so once you know how heavy it is completely dry as well as right after watering, you'll be able to start gauging how often to water better.

I would water today because she's so young, but make sure you lift the bucket before and after :p

Of course, the more the roots have to search for water, the more they grow. More roots = more plant = more bud. But it's a thin line between underwatering and letting the roots search for water. That's why it's best to water with more less often as opposed to watering more frequently with less. If that makes sense. Kinda buzzed haha.

10. Haha yeah you make sense, and yeah thats what ive been trying to do.
    Saturate a good percentage of soil and go without water for a few days, I notice doing so promotes fast growth between the watering days.

11. Its that time, Update:
    I tried getting a ph tester but the guy at the hydro shop likes to close 3 hours early, I tried going twice this weekend. I don't know how you can run a business like that..:confused_2:
    They got alot bigger:devious:
    Definetly nute burn from the ocean forest or the ph is out of wack.

Attached Files:

12. Ayyoo.
    Lookin good. I think ima jump on this train an ride it too. Yall should check out my cfl grow!

13. nice lookin little guys there(well hopefully females in this case lol) but yea im hop on board im a few weeks into a grow myself no pics for me though shit internet at home :(

14. Hey t0ker, they look fine :p If you see how bad I treated my little girls, and then see how green they turned out, you won't feel so bad haha.

15. Looks like I have a nice size audience now, welcome aboard everyone. :)
    They grew a ton overnight, finally got to the point where they grow like weeds.(Pun intended) haha.

Attached Files:

16. Those look pretty stable for bag seed. Maybe you have a nice landrace on your hands? In any event, looking good brotha :D

17. That would be pretty badass if it was a landrace, it was plucked from mids I believe, so for all I know it could be some sorta mexican super haze, just not grown in the ideal conditions. Lol I really just said mexican super haze.. I don't know why but I think that sounds rather humorous.:smoke:

18. The beauty of bagseed: it's anything you want it to be haha.

All of my bud grown outdoors last year was from bagseed. Nobody believed me when I told them. But I agree with you, it's mids because it's good shit, just not treated the best. Not all bricked up brown weed is schwag lol.

Luckily I have some good genetics this year, and I plan on getting even more. Next year I will be running Herijuana x Blueberry, Cinderella 99, Early Wonder Skunk, and hopefully some Pluton, as well as various other autoflowering plants. I might even try my hand at breeding. If I do, I would need testers :p

19. Things are looking good here man! I did two little micro plants from bagseed and found them to be directly comparable to the dank I grew outdoors. They actually smell a bit fruitier. I was impressed to see that kind of flower grow from shitty reggie seed. I saved a seed and plan on putting it outdoors next season to see its true potential.

I'm excited to see what cards you've drawn! Anyways, good luck. I'll be along for the ride.