1. Looks nice how big are the buds compared to bic

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It's not like you are ever going to run out once you start growing, no matter how unmaxed you are. Some of us are hermits. Some like to max out and attract friends. I can think of funner things to do than harvest/dry and trim and cure. Less of that means more time to smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Would the 3000k work to veg and flower

4. #24 Talkative, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    hmm, I'm about to give up on my 3000k veg experiment. Yes, it works. Depends on how important a superb tight node veg is to you. So, with two plants and two lights, one 3000k and one 4000k, but wanting to use only one for the summer, I ended up giving the seedling the 4000k and making the big plant cope, rather than giving the big plant the 3000k and making the little plant try to veg in that spectrum. But I'm spoiled. If all I had was 3000k, I would figure out a way to use it germ to harvest. But, man o man, that 4000k is really a nice veg light and if there is any way you can afford to give a plant 4000k for it's first 30 days it really makes for a beautiful well balanced tight node speciman.
    For an auto grower, the 135w v2 4000k is a great first light. You only need one.Then you can add 3000k or rspec later on, as many as you need. The idea being to start seedling under the 4000k then move to the 3000k side. Perpetual rotation. Any time spent under the 3500k mix is wonderful.

5. If I use a 3500 would it work

6. yes, 3500k is about the perfect germ to harvest spectrum. I don't want to discourage anyone from growing if 3000k is all they can swing. It grows pot and flowers turn out great. They all work. Some are better for brief periods in a plants life. Depends on how wonky you want to go.

7. [​IMG] this sf1000 100 w qb claims to have both spectrums while I can get this 3500 from alibaba and wait til I can get another spectrum [​IMG] idk what to do I just want a better yield than using mars300

8. What's wrong with that? Get me one too.

9. I wish if I was trump rich I would lol which out of the two do you think is better for a 2x2

10. Actual watt for actual watt, I would go so far as to bet you will be much happier with the QB's, either one you linked in this thread, than with the Mars.

KingBrite is a good company too. One of the better ones on Alibaba as far as people pleased with their purchase.

Even just being able to seperate the driver from the board and run it outside the tent, if you are unfortunate enough to have high temp issues, is a good thing. Not easy to do with Mars lights without mods if even possible at all.

More pleasing spectrum, both for you, your plants, and for when you take photos.

And yields are great. I hit 2 gpw with a major screw up (P deficient), in organic soil, water feeding only last round.

I think you'll be happy.

11. IMG_0009.JPG here’s my current grow under the mars 300 early week 5 flower

12. Just don't be fooled, a new light is not going to increase yield. The new light debate is usually centered around how to spend new money. Not how to grow more pot.

13. Nah yeah I get you on that but when I’ve grown under hps before and I had monster buds

14. The 130 I’m pulling I ain’t getting back with this light though and I have good soil good nutes I don’t over do it at least I try not to so it’s the gay light giving me small nugs I can veg good under it but for flowering it’s ass in my opinion

15. The 3000k is very similar to hps. As a matter of fact, pot vegged under 3000k will look like pot vegged under hps. The 4000k is similar, but far superior to metal halide. I would say for flower the 3000k is totally equal to hps and superior in use of elec, and probably spectrum on paper. Just to give you an idea. My 135w v2 3000k is about equal to a 250w hps. The yield and bud quality will depend on how well the grower adapts to qb. I quickly found more watts was not the answer. I run these lights a mile high. So no savings in the height area. The watts fixation was based on watts of hps needed to "penetrate" the old monster canopies. With the new qb, less watts, better canopy management, fine tuned spectrum, blasting with watts is a thing of the past. But watts still grow pot, no matter how old they are. It's not like hps pot isn't as good as it use to be. Just not as neccessary.

16. Yeah but I just meant a better light is needed

17. I was looking to purchase the Niemi 260w but then I saw that they just launched a newer version w some added red light for $80 more. I was just wondering if anyone thought that it is worth the extra $$$. I’m also looking at the HLG system as well.
    I’ve got my first grow in 12 years going on now with Led’s. This is my first go around with using them. I used to run a 400 hps back in the day. I like these because of the lower heat and power consumption but I’m not 100% sold on them yet. I’d really like to just buy a good, proven led that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
    I don’t really want to go above $300. Is this possible?
    4’x4’x8’ tent growing 1 cropped photo/ grow for personal use.

• Like Like x 1