Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

T break/poppers

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by FerrisT, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, so I guess i'm on a mandatory t break.

Let me explain poppers for those GC users who don't know. It's a southern Canada started idea of removing the bowl from a downstem, filling in 1/8 aprox of a cig, then squishing your dope on top. Then you light the whole thing, and when you feel it becomes easier to pull you suck REALLY hard pull the whole cig/dope down into the water. I have bin smoking like this for about a month now, and i'm realizing just weed isn't getting me too high anymore. 

Now I'm aware i'm probably getting my stupid self addicted to tobacco, so please no comments on that please and thank you  :smoke:

What i'm wondering is, when I'm fully healed up and can smoke again, will I be able to go back to bowls and get high again? I enjoy the high poppers give me, but I don't want to end up addicted to tobacco. 

Thanks!

2. #2 Delightfully High, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
    I know you said not to ,but being a cigarette smoker of 11 years (just kicked the little bastards 4 months ago) I highly advise you don't smoke tobacco (but do you man ,and don't let me stop you) ,but still I beg the question. If you like tobacco ,and cannabis together why not just smoke a blunt or a "spliff"? I'm just not to familiar with "poppers" ,and frankly find it kind of silly if you have a wrap laying around or some papers ,and tobacco.

3. Smoke normally. Enjoy the taste and smell of weed without tobacco. And smoke slower and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yo, this is exactly why I think it takes my friend a solid gram to be high. Because he smokes a pack a day. Its like a cross tolerance almost. And its really annoying because I can take a fat rip and be good for like a half hour and he acts like he didnt smoke anything until its been a g.

Definitely get away from tobacco. You should be smoking so irregularly that one cig will be too much.

5. I don't get it. You break off 1/8 of a cig, put it in a bowl, light it, and suck as hard as you can to pull that tobacco into the water? 

What??  :confused_2:

6. No, you burn the weed normally but when you get to the end of the bowl you pull hard to burn the tobacco very quickly and it snaps the bowl into the water while giving you a nicotine rush.

It also makes the bong taste like shit, makes it harder to clean the super resinous tobacco residue, and is super rough on the lungs to be bongin tobacco.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Don't even know why people feel the need to mix that nasty shit with sweet MJ anyway... Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 ImSoExasperated, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
    [quote name="s0mekind" post="19081323" timestamp="1385911341"]Don't even know why people feel the need to mix that nasty shit with sweet MJ anyway... Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]To qupte chance the rapper, i think we all addictedSent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I used to hit poppers ALL THE TIME. Here's a word of advice:

Don't.

I caught myself before I became truly addicted to baccy, but even then I was still craving a dart the week after stopping hitting them.

I've got a buddy who seshes like 3-4 pops about 5-6 times a day. Dude has been doing that for over 2 years. We have a running bet that he will die by 30 considering I've seen him eat 6 PLAIN, UNTOASTED BAGELS BY CHASING DRY BITES WITH SPOONFULS OF BUTTER.

But the unfiltered tobacco will totally contribute to it too... Totally... Unless the clogged arteries get to him first...

10. We call those merlins and mukes if you put the weed in the bowl first and then the tobacco.

11. I smoke poppers not because I enjoy tobacco but because of the headrush. @Dr. Sheldon Cooper has a good explanation. I guess I just really enjoy the headrush, but not the tobacco.. Just yet  :hide:

I don't smoke cigs, I just use them for my poppers. I also only use about one a night. Some times more some times less 

I'm going to go about a week without any sort of smoking. I really only craved smoking the first night. The last two seem to have gone by without me thinking I need my poppers. Will I get high off just dope when I smoke again? :)

12. Should do, the tobacco addiction wont be gone, but if you have the willpower to mute it, alls a goodun

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app