system of a down

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by KoRnOnTheKob, Nov 23, 2005.

1. i just picked up the new system of a down album, hypnotize. it is so tripy to listen to if you are baked, which i am. just stare at the album cover and shit, it is really pyschedelic and bizzare. and the music is sweet to listen to also ;) . this cd is the sequel: ( mesmerize/hypnotize ) it is fucking awesome!!!

2. I just downloaded it and I'm listening to it now.

So far my impression is that it's more of the same as mesmerize.

I liked SoaD's first few disks, basically everything from Steal this Album and older. But these latest two CDs really seem below their skill level and quite amateur-ish.

Maybe the end of the CD is better, I'm only a few songs in so far but it really seems like the same style of music as mesmerize (which I guess it's supposed to be?)

3. i got it, i think its a good album. listened to it stoned the first time, it was trippy.

i like Tentative, "where do you expect us to go when the bombs fall?"

trippy songs
    >> vicinity of obscenity
    >> she's like heroin

actually most of them are trippy in some way so im not gonna list them.

the finished version of soldier side kicks ass aswell, i always liked the intro to it at the start of mezmerize.

on a completely different note (excuse the pun) i hope i score tomorrow else i'll be dry for the weekend :(

4. how much better if any is it to mezmorize??

5. About the same. The guitarist sings a lot, the bass is turned down, the riffs are non-existant, and the lyrics are not very cryptic.

6. i think i like mezmerize a little better, some of the songs i like better at least. but on the new album, hypnotize is such a great song. and both mezmerize and hypnotize are similar in the style of music, they also play a little more hard-core than their last cd.

7. i just downloaded it. It's alright, it does seem like the same style of the previous cd.i give it a 6.5/10