System for my car...

Discussion in 'General' started by FiveonIt34, Sep 23, 2007.

1. audiobahn?? i'll passssssssssss!!! you get what you pay for.

2. As for cheaper stuff id def pass..
    Rockford used to make real solid products, but they swapped hands so many times and have kinda turned into a sony type brand, just real overrated specs.

cheapest id go are polk and infinity. Both are decent, infinity doesnt really shine until you give em some power

As for a Sub, id check out Image Dynamics, the IDQ is an awesome speaker with modest specs and awesome SQ for their price.

CDT makes some real nice speakers but they are a lil pricey

we could prolly give more info if we had some idea of a price range, you could build a shitty system for $400 or go out and buy a sweet headunit for that same 400

3. Are you serious? I can out bump my friends 1000watt Orion's system. Mine sounds much better. And he payed 7 times more than me. But then agian I payed $700 dollors for my Eclipse headunit. I can asure you there are beter subs out there but for the price its well worth it. At least its not PYLE or other knock off brands.

4. I heard dat.

I mean i aient gon lie some shit of theys pound. My homies whole system is audiobahn, 1200 watt amp, 2 12's. It sounds good but shits weak, Fuck audiobahn is the word.

Like i said i prefer fosgate amps but i copped a ocuple 1200 watt precision power amsp and those boys are BAD!

Ive owned JLB, Fosgate, Vega, Kicker, Orion subs. They all sound pretty good. The orions bass was real nice tho. Much better then the kickers.

And jus have a smart dude hook your shit up and know the deal so you dont fry your shit. Shits exspensive to get fixed.

I mean shit for homies out the crib i fix amps for 80ish bucks which is straight profit, Parts cost me zero jus the work put in.

And thas a hella deal compared to most places. Expect $120+ for fixing it and shit, Installing a simple radio is 40 bucks so shits money.

5. Fuck all, I wish I knew something about car audio. I need to replace the head unit on my Sidekick in the next couple of weeks.. $100-$200 CD/MP3 system. Any recommendations from experience?

6. audiobahn is overrated. some of their subs are labeled with 2240 watts RMS...i'll bet if you hook a decent amp that can push 1500 watts RMS, it will blow that sub to shreds. i've had audiobahn subs before and they all would deteriorate after about 6 months to a year.

your system could be out bumping your friends for various reasons...he's might not be wired properly, or simply using cheap wiring kit, improper sub enclosure, the trunk space plays a big role too. also, could be that he's wiring system in the car it self is bad (have to do the "BIG 3" when you do a system on used/older cars). The electrical system in your car plays a big role as well(battery). Another thing is, Orion makes good amps...but their subs are not as good.

7. For $200 you can get a decent alpine head unit that will play mp3/WMA cdr's cdrw CD's. But of course if you have stock speakers, you will not be able to enjoy alpines true quality.

8. I thank this is directed to me right?

I know my shit man im jus speaking straight experiecne on long term use not jus all the many shits ive used/seen bumped but for a couple days or so most.

I agree on the orion subs but i swear i had a nice pair of comp 12's and they pounded hard for a long ass time. Real good deep bass.

And on the autobahn amps i know, Jus like many amps i come acorss. But i prefer them because thier easy fixes for me ya herd.

Fosgate/Precison Power is what im praisin on amps right now.

But the old orions are nice, Im not to keen on much newer ones.

9. It's a used car, so the guy probably traded out his aftermarket speakers (if he installed any) with the stock ones before trading it in to Suzuki, so I wouldn't doubt if they are the ones that came with the car back in 1990. I'll check tomorrow when I pick it up.

10. nah that wasn't directed to you...it was for the homie above with the audiobahn system out bumping his homies orion system.

but i still won't touch audiobahn anything. to me, their shit just looks cheezy as all fuck. maybe they stepped up their game in the past few years as far as performance, but i've had bad experience with 3 different audiobahn series subs in the past...and 3 fuckup's is way too many.