Syrian Uprising, Civil War, Intervention, Etc.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xmaspoo, Nov 19, 2011.

1. [quote name='"LSYouTiger"']

Because people are getting slaughtered, I thought we were the world police?

If weren't fighting for oil, we would have the money to use our forces for good.

NATO intervention will raise tensions between OPEC and NATO. Both sides need to agree and use the UN. China and Russia didn't allow the kill order, they didn't like some of the conditions in the proposal to help the rebels. That doesn't mean we can ignore them, we must agree on something.[/quote]

Yes, as of the last 60 somthing years we have been world police, but this overextension of our military is bankrupting our economy. How long are we going to keep us these constant military conflict?

2. Yes, we are bankrupt now for being the world police. But if so many people in the US WANT to be the world police, why aren't we in Syria actually doing something good. And not trolling for oil.

I think UN intervention is something good that can be at least justified. We just need China and Russia to agree. If we were not fighting for oil, we could afford this to intervene.

3. [quote name='"LSYouTiger"']

Yes, we are bankrupt now for being the world police. But if so many people in the US WANT to be the world police, why aren't we in Syria actually doing something good. And not trolling for oil.

I think UN intervention is something good that can be at least justified. We just need China and Russia to agree. If we were not fighting for oil, we could afford this to intervene.[/quote]

Who cares if Americans want us to be world police, our future generations are fucked and there isn't anything they can do about it. I'm sorry but our future generations are of more importance to me then meddling in other countries affairs and being world police

4. Yea no shit, I'm the future generation. Of all the wars we have got into over the last decade, this is the only one i would be happy to help with. NOT stay there for 10 years, but at least stop the Syrian Regime.

But we cant do that now because were broke fighting for oil. Fucking great.

So as the West and East turn their backs on Syria, Al Qaeda infiltrates the rebels, Al Qaeda gets power in Syria then hits US where it hurts.

5. [quote name='"LSYouTiger"']

Yea no shit, I'm the future generation. Of all the wars we have got into over the last decade, this is the only one i would be happy to help with. NOT stay there for 10 years, but at least stop the Syrian Regime.

But we cant do that now because were broke fighting for oil. Fucking great.

So as the West and East turn their backs on Syria, Al Qaeda infiltrates the rebels, Al Qaeda gets power in Syria then hits US where it hurts.[/quote]

If we handle it like we did Lybia, you know in and out, then I'm all for it. Either way shit is going down there. The government has no control In the north of the country, I don't see the current govt holding power there much longer. Hopefully the Syrian people can show the rest if the world they don't need our help, but who knows.

6. They need our help, they are begging for it. They just don't have enough oil. It is a shame.

7. [quote name='"LSYouTiger"']They need our help, they are begging for it. They just don't have enough oil. It is a shame.[/quote]

Yea its a shame, but what can you do when you don't have the funds to support your goals.

And this whole debating, on 2 different threads is confusing the shit outta me. :smoke:

8. ^ UN can take care of it, which is mostly US but still. Something has to be done but sitting on our fat asses isn't helping.

9. [quote name='"LSYouTiger"']^ UN can take care of it, which is mostly US but still. Something has to be done but sitting on our fat asses isn't helping.[/quote]

Yea but the UN is kind of divided between the west, and Russia/China. Those two are warning us not to intervene. Do you think China or Russia will send troops to support Iran?

10. If you think something needs to be done you can take it upon yourself to do something, don't involve me.

Realistically, you either throw your support behind the Assad regime or you throw it behind a less then reputible resistance movement affiliated with Al-Qaeda members and a NATO (Turkey) backed Free Syrian Army.

This is a Syrian problem, not a world problem. Other nations make it worse by sticking their nose in and dictating who the good guys and the bad guys are.

11. What can I do? Something like Lybia would be easily and cheap on our side. Shit, even a small task force to assassinate Assad would be quick and easy.

Assad is breaking UN law by slaughtering the people. Well it is Assad or Al Qaeda, but it's more civilians than Al Qaeda members. At least someone stepped up to help them. It's gonna suck when they control the new government though.

These slaughters are rediculous and could be stopped, but I guess the world doesn't give a shit about a couple million people because They have no oil.

12. assad and his evil amigos as well. heads of military, etc.

in, out, no claim of victory or responsibility.

deal

13. The US breaks UN law every day of the week with their drone bombings. Slaughtering innocent civilians all over the Middle East...
    I bet my left ball that Obama has slaughtered way more innocent civilians than Assad ever will...

When Russia and China use their veto they are the bad guys... How many times has the US used their veto and influence to protect the regimes that they support ?

Why oh why are Americans so quick to get upset about Assad and Syria when the US government has been up to a lot worse for years.
    Makes me mad when that cunt Clinton pretends she is oh so worried about the Syrian people.

What you can do is throw your weight behind the one man who can put a stop to the slaughter.
    Ron Paul.

14. Russia killed millions under the banner of the soviet union and is one of the top 2 oil producing nations in the world. We didn't intervene, the tragedy shouldn't be forgotten, but we don't have the moral authority to dictate to other countries based on the nuclear capacity of each nation.

The US does not care about saving lives, it wants cooperative stooges to maintain dollar hegemony and bow to our geopolitical interests.

15. [quote name='"smokinp"']

The US breaks UN law every day of the week with their drone bombings. Slaughtering innocent civilians all over the Middle East...
    I bet my left ball that Obama has slaughtered way more innocent civilians than Assad ever will...

When Russia and China use their veto they are the bad guys... How many times has the US used their veto and influence to protect the regimes that they support ?

Why oh why are Americans so quick to get upset about Assad and Syria when the US government has been up to a lot worse for years.
    Makes me mad when that cunt Clinton pretends she is oh so worried about the Syrian people.

What you can do is throw your weight behind the one man who can put a stop to the slaughter.
    Ron Paul.[/quote]

Not to mention that the bombings we did in the 90's in the middle east were reasons for the 9-11 attacks. He said it himself.

16. Which is why we should not be the policemen of the world if our actions are based of the amount of oil or nukes a country has.

I don't think we should be the policemen of the world, but if congress insists that we are, why not help people actually in need.

I don't think its our duty to police the world, but i at least expect congress to be more discreet about what they are doing.

17. It is the duty of the US congress to secure and protect the borders of the US.

Nothing else. Not the Middle East, Asia etc etc....

The UN is supposed to deal with international problems but that is hand cuffed by the US, Russia, China etc etc and their veto powers.
    Makes me laugh to hear American politicians and media figures bitching and crying about Russia using their veto when the US is the king of the veto.

The US pirates have no interest in Syria because their is not enough booty to pillage and plunder.

18. The irony of Senator Graham and McCain suggesting we arm the Al-Qaeda rebels in Syria.

Anyone not convinced the war on terror is a farce yet?

19. Haha yes irony at its best. :p