Syria

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Reaper2486, Apr 14, 2018.

1. While I do agree with you on the US using false flag attacks in the past to justify some type of military action, I also find it interesting how people are as skeptical as they are about Assad using chemical weapons. There's been an extensive history of Assad using chemical munitions in the Syrian civil war. There's been more cases of Assad using chemicals against civilians/FSA than have been reported in the mainstream media. It's not at all uncommon.

I don't buy the whole rhetoric of Assad not needing to use chemical weapons when he is "winning" the civil war, when in reality, he's "winning" because he's using chemical weapons.

With that said, it must also be said that Assad isn't the only one using chemical weapons in the civil war. FSA has used them. IS has used them. Various other Islamist factions have used them. This is why I don't understand why it's so hard to believe that chemical weapons are being used in Syria to the point of extreme skepticism (healthy skepticism is good, especially when discussing war and conflict) that the only way they could've possibly been used is in a false flag attack orchestrated by the US/the West/Israel.

2. The US has armed/trained groups since the near beginning on the conflict. Groups like the FSA in the beginning (when they actually appeared to be a legitimate resistance to Assad and not another group that was infiltrated by Islamist fascists) to groups like the YPG/SDF. As the conflict has progressed throughout the years, the US has begun to lean more towards arming and training the YPG/SDF and turning away from the FSA. Not only is the YPG/SDF much better at fighting and not abandoning fighting positions (like FSA) they actually practice democracy and put more effort in protecting human rights in a region where it is severely lacking.

The US should do more to equip and train the YPG/SDF if they want to make a truly positive and lasting impact on Syria. Out of all of the groups fighting in the Syrian civil war, the Kurdish militias and their allies are by far the only good guys in the fight.

3. Why does the U.S. need to be involved in Syria in the first place?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. #124 Rotties4Ever, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Because the US is one of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council which has the primary task of maintaining international peace and security.

We can debate about whether or not the US should remain such a powerful and influential member of the UN, or if the organization should even exist at all, but as it currently stands, the US, by being one of the five permanent members of the UNSC, does have an obligation of maintaining peace and security throughout the world.

It should be said that I fully support the US arming and training Kurdish militias in Syria and the region as a whole.

6. #126 Rotties4Ever, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    If you pay close attention, you might notice that the warmongering empire has been disrupting world peace, NOT maintaining it. At all. In fact theyve been instigating the majority of wars in the last 100 years. I dont know what the purpose of your comment is, you know all this.
    UNSC is owned and ran by world bankers and their fraudster friends, what real credibility do they really posses?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. That seems to just beg the question though, it essentially sounds like

"the U.S. should be involved because they decided they should be involved"

And if we take a look at history, where do we find this sort of engagement leading to anything better?

• Like Like x 2
  8. The West and in particular the US and their lackies are like rabid dogs trying to overthrow Assad. That's why I place little faith in their claims that Assad has used chemical weapons.

That said I couldn't care less if Assad was using chemical weapons on the rebels/ISIS. Those scumbags have used same on Assad's forces and the people of Syria. We are not dealing with people when we speak about ISIS/al Qaeda/Nusra, these deranged rabid dog like fanatics need to be put down by any means necessary.

As for US forces in Syria, they have no place at that table considering their support for Saudi Arabia and Israel. The Saudi scum are the main financiers/supporters of ISIS and the fanatical Israelis have done all they can to hinder Assad and his allies.

9. Operation Timber Sycamore look it up!

WASHINGTON — The end came quickly for one of the costliest covert action programs in the history of the C.I.A.

During a White House briefing early last month, the C.I.A. director, Mike Pompeo, recommended to President Trump that he shut down a four-year-old effort to arm and train Syrian rebels. The president swiftly ended the program.

The rebel army was by then a shell, hollowed out by more than a year of bombing by Russian planes and confined to ever-shrinking patches of Syria that government troops had not reconquered. Critics in Congress had complained for years about the costs — more than $1 billion over the life of the program — and reports that some of the C.I.A.-supplied weapons had ended up in the hands of a rebel group tied to Al Qaeda further sapped political support for the program.

While critics of Mr. Trump have argued that he ended the program to curry favor with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, there were in fact dim views of the effort in both the Trump and Obama White Houses — a rare confluence of opinion on national security policy.

The shuttering of the C.I.A. program, one of the most expensive efforts to arm and train rebels since the agency’s program arming the mujahedeen in Afghanistan during the 1980s, has forced a reckoning over its successes and failures. Opponents say it was foolhardy, expensive and ineffective. Supporters say that it was unnecessarily cautious, and that its achievements were remarkable given that the Obama administration had so many restrictions on it from the start, which they say ultimately ensured its failure.

So why we Americans sit around complaining for the better part of almost 2 years about Russia spending 100,000 on facebook ads to influence our elections, our own government in a covert operation has spent more than 1,000,000,000 on arming rebels in another country to literally overthrow their elected official.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I've been waiting for this for a while now....

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

11. Same users, same post times, always in agreement and limited cross chat.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have yet to meet anyone I always agree with.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Because Saudi Arabia is paying us to be there. Remember, pipeline?

Also, could you imagine if Saudi Arabia and OPEC started trading oil in Yaun?

Checkmate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cant trust the Eastern media nor the Western... I would say until the media earns its credibility we simply dont trust any of them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. That wasn't what I was referring to...

I don't bother with any mainstream media. I find articles and fact check/criss refrence if I want real info instead of the usual biased bs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. i watched this earlier today and was about to post it... very convincing imo but apparently non controversial... the state propaganda is working like the well oiled machine it is, sadly...

16. Are you sure the propoganda is working?

17. Ww3

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. I hope ww3 comes sooner than later wipe out a good portion of the population

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. That's dark