Synthesizer freeware

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Sproggs, Jan 12, 2010.

1. I've been looking to make music like techno, trance, electronica, etc...and have gone through numerous pieces of freeware that just don't work for me.

I recently downloaded Fruity Loops v9.0 and it actually looks like something I could use...but I'm still confused by all the complicated buttons and all that stuff lol.

I have the music in my head, can anyone tell me a good program (or point me where to watch a GOOD tutorial on Fruity Loops) that will let me make it come alive?

2. I'm shamelessly bumping this thread for great justice!

I'm in the same position as you, buddy. I have it all in my head, but I have no clue where to start on fruity loops.

Anyone care to help us?

3. + rep. I'mma be checking him out now. :p

Thanks for the help, really appreciated it man.

4. yeah nfx has some of the most in depth tuts out there. he owns warbeats.com so you should check that out as well. i make dubstep in fl and i use Zeta+, Massive, ProtoPlasm Free and some others.

5. I <3 FL.

If you have a keyboard, Reason might be good for you. It's pretty easy, definately easier to learn than FL is anyways...

If you need any plug ins or programs, PM me, I have over 400gb's of the fuckers.

6. actually warbeats.com is out of commission at the moment. But if anyone has questions on FL Studio, I happen to be a very familiar user with it and I've been a user for about 5 years now so hit me up I'm always glad to help with anything dealing with music.