Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Swollen lymph gland, surgery, cannabis

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by canofthebis, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,

i got a few swollen glands in my groin area, its usually nothing bad, but it can be serious so im going to get it checked out saturday. I may have a biopsy ( local anesthetic, lymph node out, 4cm cut or so )

so my questions are.

1. Can bud affect my operation or anesthetic in any way at all?

2. Does bud thin your blood?

thanks for help

2. I smoked after surgery in which I had local anesthesia(sp?) to remove a benign tumor from my torso/lumbar region. All I can say is they gave me a shot of fentanyl and I was feeling great you know, really goofy. Anyway, that night after my surgery I went to my friends house and smoked a blunt. 3/4 of the way through I started to get this really dizzy/queasy feeling and I needed to lay down. It almost felt like I was going to faint. What i am trying to say is that smoking weed can bring back/intensify other meds they might have given you for the pain. It can be fun and overwhelming at the same time... I wouldn't drink too much alcohol though.

3. Bonkers hit the nail on the head!

I wouldnt smoke some weed before your surgery, its not worth waking up in the middle of your surgery, even though I highly doubt this would happen. Just wait until you come back home and light up and pass out. This will probably be the best sleep of your life.

4. thanks guys, however, im not looking on smoking on the day of the surgery, im just thinking about the night before, what you guys think?

thanks

5. bump, help plz

6. im no doctor but you should be fine to smoke the night before.
    i've doen this twice.

once i broken my hand and i had to get pins and screws n shit in my hand and i smoked the night before and the morning of the surgery. i was put asleep for the surgery. it didnt affect me in any negitive way.

and i broke my elbow once and neede pins in there and i smoked the night before the sugery and no negitive affects.