switching-veg to flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PiffPuffer1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. i have my plants under light 24/0 and their about where i want them in size to start flowering. will the plants go into shock changing their schedule to 12/12?

2. No, let er rip.

3. Nope. They'll be fine. Switch it to 12/12 and be prepared for the stretch, you'll be raising your lights often for the first few weeks.

4. Not really, if will just think its time to start to flower, go for it.

5. thanks everybody! its happening tomorrow!

6. Hell naw they'll show u love and start flowering in the presence of red and a 12/12 cycle. In nature this occurs naturally but gradually.. 12/12 is just at the equilibrium of daylight and flowering cycles. Plant will flower under 14/10 14 dark 10 light just would grow as well as a 12/12. if you want to mimic natural conditions u could start dialing back ur timers 15 mins - 30 mins or so a day to 12/12. Just a theory I was pondering.. But this is my second grown and I just flipped and in as little as a week saw signs of flowering.. Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a hormone for flowering that is built up during the long days of light and is released under the pressence of the red harvesting sun and shorter days. This hormone release triggers the plant to flower

7. Correction would grow as well as 12/12

8. For wouldn't grow as well as 12/12

9. if you really want to cut your flower time in half go 24 /12 . 24 hours of light, 12 of dark , 24 hours light, 12 dark, so on so forth. cut a whole month of your flower time...

10. enjoy your hermies dude..

11. It sounds like you're trying to fuck him over. #notcool

12. yeah.. messing with the lights is not the way to go..
    i don't know where he got that info from, but you can almost guarentee hermies if you do that.
    a 10 week strain will take 10 weeks, no matter how much you tyry and mess with the light cycles..

13. You're just confusing the shit out the girls.

14. where cud i find the red colored cfl?

15. Um there are slot of them out there I have a 250w red spectrum CFL by Felix lighting it's equal to 1000w incondecent ( not hid) they have some 300w replaceables at home depot so they are 300w incondecent.. Just make sure they have a color temp around 2700k and ur solid they even make t5 flowering spectrum. I've seen people mix 4x6500k bulbs and 4x2700k bulbs alternating bulbs (red blue red blue red blue red blue) in a 8 bulb t5 light setup.

http://www.mightyhydro.com/FELIZ_250W_RED_2700K_p/901994.htm
    I have this bulb currently running 250w 2700k it actuly pulls 250w. ( dont get it confused with 250 w replacement) alongside with a 400w hps

And the pic I posted here shows what some people do with these bulbs mixing the different spectrum.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001WAL1P0/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/188-4490057-5205850[/ame]
    Here are the bulbs u will look for at home depot or simular stores just make sure they are 2700k slot of the time call warm white I bought my 300 w replaceable from there for 20 bucks

Attached Files: