Switching to flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Clinton Kong, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Here are my x4 critical Kush and 1xsour diesel 5/4 weeks from seed just wondered how much longer till I should flip? Wanna get some good cuttings from them as well[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. why is that leaf ripped . some thing eating them . and if you want a serious answer you need to tell us what lighting your using and how much space you have . plants will stretch about 2.5 times there size in flower does this help you ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi thanks for the reply! Leaf got ripped on accident when I was bending it over. Sorry forgot to mention, it's in a 4x4 tent with a 600w hps. They're still quite small so I'll give them more time if they're gonna stretch that much

4. There screaming to be transplanted bro. What's wrong with those nice big air pots your useing as stands lol..

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I agree mate, got an injury at work so I've gotta wait for it stop hurting then I'll re-home them [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks to me like they need a larger container and some fresh soil. When a plant gets as big as the container it's growing in (wider and taller than), time for a new one and fresh soil. The plant over time uses up all the nutrition in the soil. The bigger the plant, the more it uses. We pot ours up to 5 or 7 gal. containers and let them get rooted in before we put them into flower. This allows for plenty of room for root expansion and fresh soil will feed your plants for awhile too. But when you let them get root bound, you have to handle the feeding completely and will be watering every day or every other day. They look nice and healthy though. I was going to tell you, since you said something about taking cuttings from these before flowering them, to take your cuttings from the tender new growth down inside or near the bottom of the plant. It just clones faster than the harder, more woody tops up higher on the plant. It's been my experience, that the more woody the cutting is, the longer it takes to show roots. Use Rapid Rooter antibacterial rooting cubes when you do take clones for less chance of root rot. Cloning can be tough for people who've never done it before and root rot seems to be the most popular cause. When you take your cuttings, keep them saturated with the cloning solution for the first 3 days or so. They need more heat than light at first, so you don't have to worry about keeping light on them or close. We put a heating pad under the clone tray on low for the first 2 or 3 days. But the biggest thing I've discovered with cloning other than using the tender cuttings, is to start letting the cubes dry out after you've had them going for a few days instead of just keeping them constantly saturated 24 hours a day. Letting them start to get a bit dry before rewetting them seems to make the roots want to get up and move to search for what they need instead of just sitting there soaking in it. Ours show roots in 6 or 7 days doing it like this and we run about a 99% success rate. Around day 4, I start removing the moisture dome for several hours and exposing them to light. When you take the dome off, that's going to speed up the drying out of the cubes, so keep an eye on them. But by day 6, I just leave the dome off completely. All in all, you have to figure it out yourself, but hope some of these tips help you a bit. TWW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. REKT

• Like Like x 2
  8. Youch! I've done that before in my middle finger. Straight through the fingernail. Would not stop bleeding! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks mate, all the info has been taken in and will definitely use the method you suggested. I can only use one hand at the mo so I'm using that one to mix my new soil to go in the bigger pots. Just hoping my girlfriend is willing to help transplant them later on

10. Mine wouldn't stop bleeding either. On the day I done it the doctor sent me home and told me to come back the next day cos they couldn't reattach it. Kept bleeding through the bandaging

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hope it grows back! I was really surprised when mine ended up growing back the nail and all. Now it just has this weird nervy feeling. Used to be able to tell by looking at my nail bed where the cut occurred but you really can't tell anymore. Good luck on the transplant.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's crazy but I'd rather keep it gone, then I've got a cool story to tell haha thanks, managed prep some stuff earlier today but had to stop cos of the pain. Will definitely have them transplanted tomorrow, they're growing crazy fast since feeding them nutes

• Like Like x 1
  13. If your don't have them already, I recommend getting what I call finger condoms. It helped a lot. I remember being slightly disappointed when mine grew back all the way too! How funny. Gtk I'm not the only one!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Haha I was just thinking of sticking a thimble over the top but the finger condoms sound like a good idea. Just finishing up transplanting, pics to follow later

• Like Like x 1
  15. Managed to get it all sorted. Once finger is better I'll have to configure tent differently [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not sure whos gear your running but the SD I been running (nirvana) under DE 600s for last year or so do not streatch to much at all oddly i moved the extra clones i had outside and they are in flower as we speak and streatched more then the indoor ones even though they get direct sunlight, but oh are they are bushy beauties.,, with the light and room you have i would get them to double current size then flip....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Holy crap that pinky pic was horrible. Please don't show more pictures of that.

One of the best things I did is just break down and buy an aeroponic cloner. Since you're using airpots I can tell that you like to have nice things for your babies. These things aren't that expensive and make cloning like easy mode. You set the clone machine in the corner of the tent plugged in and full of ph balanced water. Leave it running 24/7 and you'll have rooted clones in 10-14 days with big long roots. Mine is about 99% effective right now. I've had one clipping not root. It cost about $120. TurboKlone 48 with dome. It can do up to 48 clones at a time. There are other brands or there are DIY methods but I really think that a clone machine of some type is a necessity in any good photo garden.

Get one with a humidity dome or fashion one yourself. A dome will be key to having high success rates with rooting. A cutting that has no roots has to rely on that humidity to stay moist. If you have no dome most times they dry right out and die. I don't understand how so many cloners are sold without domes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I think it's blimburn seeds. Got it as a free seed so thought I'd give it a go, I heard they're notorious for stretching. Just trying to be careful this time round for trying to judge space as my last grow was X5 blue dream in a scrog and I let them veg too much and it was very crowded

• Like Like x 1
  19. I like the sound of that method as I hope to find a good mother out of the critical kush and try different methods of growing with it to get best yield to make my meds so something like that will come in handy for future cloning. Sorry about the pinky pic haha

20. I second the humidity dome, I fashioned a homemade one and until I put a clear top on I was losing 2-3 every run, yesterday the RH outside was 9 in my area... I still like rapid rooters but like the less hastle and space requirements of a cloner..