switching to 12/12

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ganja*man, Apr 18, 2008.

1. hi all ;)

which is the best way for plants to start flowering? if im running at 18/6 and want to switch 12/12 - how should i do it? gradually decrease light hours to 12,or switch off the lights for while[day or two] ?

one more question - i really dont know why others are switching off the lights for some time before going on 12/12? just read some topics,and thought that i can do the same :D

dont get me wrong,im just newbie,and want to give my plants everything what'll be neccesary :smoking:

2. yeh put lights off for at least 12 hours then flick switch to 12/12, as you say why do you leave in dark before flickin switch?

cant give you an answer ,some folk say it makes the plant spark into action but thats crap, i've tried both ways from 18/6 straight to 12/12 therefore starting 12/12 cycle 6 hours after lights went off............also the way i do it now ,which is put into darkness for at least 12 hours ,my reasoning is my mate told me too :D & was no real difference i could see with either way.
    but my opinion "makes no real difference either way"

sorry aint much of an answer but will get the debate going.

jeeze you write confusing stuff when roasted:D

all the best & happy growing M:smoking:

ps, more important having dark period before taking out to harvest though.

3. just switch your timer for the next day to come on at the same time as before and set the shut off time to 12 hours past that!!! been growing for several years and have never had a problem!!

4. :D at the moment,as i said - im using 18/6 :) 6 hours night period. and,before switching to 12/12,i shuld let them 'sleep' not for 6 hours,but about 12hours,and then fully switch to 12/12? :)

peace guys :smoking:

5. go straight to 12/12 instead of gradualy it will take longer for the bud if you gradually do it and will bud faster if go to 12/12 immedietly

6. all the vbest brother:)

happy growing:smoking: