switching to 12/12

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NotaLoka, Apr 9, 2013.

1. When is the best time to go from 24 of light to 12/12. I just want to know when is the soonest ?? I don't want a big ass pant just something small and bushy.

2. You can go 12/12 from seed you don't have to have a veg time

Sent from iPhone 5

3. If I do it from seed when would it start flowering ? And how big would it grow ?

4. For your next grow I'd suggest giving the plants a night period. Now I am not a horticultural scientist bit I do know that during photosynthesis the foliage absorb energy from sunlight and during the night they convert this energy in simple sugars that allow them to battle off pests, vermin, etc. Similar to how our metabolic systems work. Having said that using a 24 hour light cycle isn't going to ruin the plants but there will be some shock when they all of a sudden have a 12 hour night period. Typically growers go with a 18/6 veg cycle for roughly 4-6 weeks and then switch to a 12/12 cycle for flowering for another 8-10 weeks depending on strain and environmental conditions. Now if you want to do this the beat way to maximize yield do not change to 12/12 until you see some preflowering and internoding... Hope this helps and also you'll find after doing this a few times you'll figure things out and growing great chronic!

5. Oh and after reading your post again if u want short and bushy grow an indica strain and read up on LST training... Peace!

6. Topping and FIMing also create short and bushy plants. The rule of thumb is that the plants finished height will be 2 to 3 times the height at the end of veg(this varies by strain). So you start flowering when they are about 1/3 to 1/2 the height you want them to be.

7. Short and bushy use LST/Topping. Check out my grow in my sig. I just started flowering a week ago. My plants aren't taller than 8" but they're been vegged for 2 months and topped a few times and LST'd ALOT! I love LST. It's definitely the way I like them. I prefer a hardcore LST job though. It gives more of a Sea of Green effect. Can't wait for the bud. :hello: