Switching time that 12 hours starts for 12/12

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Newblicious, Sep 13, 2007.

1. So this is a quick but tough to word question. Running my plants on 12/12 right now, they come on at 8:00 PM and go off at 8:00 AM.

I want to switch it to coming on at like 10:00 AM and run it till about 6:00 PM. Will that cause a problem with plants that are already a week into flowering?

Should i do it gradually? like an hour at night, or is a quick switch ok?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Just cause im curious, why do you want to switch the lighting schedule?

3. ermm earlier I said 10 am to 6 pm. That was the thc typing there. I meant 10 am to 10 pm.

Its to noisy at nights, the walls/floor of my apt. builing are old and thin. Neighbors are cool but I dont want to annoy them at night with a humming noise.

4. From what I understand it's risky to mess with the lighting schedule, so if you have to I would do it gradually.

5. nah, just adjust it.. 1 time wont cause an issue.

light leaks are more the issue.

6. I concur with mordgrow. letting the plants stay in the dark an extra four hours when you change your schedule wont hurt anything.

7. Thats what I figured. A friend of mine told me not to give more than the 12 of light as it may cause them to reveg?

So I figured I could make it up in off time. Thanks yall