switching soils?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chronatog420, Sep 10, 2008.

1. So, My 3 week old plants have been in soil that, unbeknownst to me until today, has time release nutes, which would explain why flushing hasn't stopped the nute burn. I got some organic soil without time release nutes today, but I'm not really sure how to go about actually switching out the soil. I'm worried that if I wash the roots, I will damage them, but if I leave all the soil around them, they will still get nute burn. Has anyone actually rescued plants from time release nute soil? How should I do this?

2. how big is the pot their in now?

3. They are in 4 gallon pots that are about 3/4 full.

4. wow I bet the roots are all over that big pot. I don't know it you can completely switch soils at this point

5. I believe there are solutions available at your local gardening center that will help reduce

the shock your plant(s) will experience. You might have to add this solution before you

transplant. The marijuana plant is a hardy little bugger, and with care you should have

no problem transplanting. Handle them like the babies they are. I don't believe washing

the roots clean before transplant is necessary. Shake as much of the old soil from the

roots as possible though.