Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Switching meds every day?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Infamous Smoke, Mar 20, 2012.

1. So I started using MJ for PTSD about 2 months ago and it has done wonders. I have started vaping one day then no MJ the next day only my zoloft and focolin. Is this bad for my body?!

2. I don't think it's any worse than the effects the meds can have on you with daily use. If anything, it cuts down on the amount you take and keeps your tolerance low. Sounds like a good thing to me.

3. When your taking medes like zoloft if you don't take it every day it can fuck with your brain chemistry. It can make your problems worse. They work by changing the chemistry in your brain.

4. [quote name='"Stoniecat"']When your taking medes like zoloft if you don't take it every day it can fuck with your brain chemistry. It can make your problems worse. They work by changing the chemistry in your brain.[/quote]

They fuck with your brain chemistry no matter what. That stuffs terrible for you. People who have depression or a breakdown are MORE likely to have a relapse if they take meds than of they didn't. MORE likely to commit suicide etc. IMO you're better or using MJ full time and weening off the chemical crap.

5. But problem is school and work need to be sober sometimes

6. you don't need to smoke all the time, do you? Maybe take a couple hits, to the point where you're like "am I feeling it". Really really light buzz, but you'll feel something. Just my 2 cents.

7. [quote name='"Feelin Irie"']you don't need to smoke all the time, do you? Maybe take a couple hits, to the point where you're like "am I feeling it". Really really light buzz, but you'll feel something. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]

Well a buzz only last so long.. Like for me 30 mins. That would be like taking nothing, no MJ or meds to help me = bad?

8. [quote name='"Infamous Smoke"']But problem is school and work need to be sober sometimes[/quote]

Have you tried addressing the source the PTSD? Some doctors label you, medicate you and send you and your way without ever addressing the real issue- which is the way the original trauma is effecting your life. I've worked quite a bit with PTSD patients if you ever want to talk in PM.

9. I'd give your meds an opportunity to do their job.. take them every day or don't take them at all, your choice. Taking them on certain days is certainly not good for you, some medication you really need to take every day or else adverse side effects will occur.

10. I take zoloft and I know that if I miss a day I get sick to my stomach and become very nauseous. I must be physically addicted to them, I've been prescribed them for about three years now and they've never helped a ton.
    As long as you don't feel sick on days you miss your dosage I don't see a problem with it.

11. Best advice I can give is to talk to both your physician and mmj doc about it. Above posters have good points about brain chemistry changes with the drugs. But a doc could tell you best.

12. Talking to my doc today in about an hour

13. #13 ZootedCuteKid, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    yah zoloft is a ssri... ssris should be gradually decreased or you can cause some weird brain problems. My brother used to do this all the time and in result would get back spasms that were pretty intense. My recommendation is to take it as prescribed once a day for a period of time because they way the medicine works is it needs to build up in your system so by taking it every other day it's useless.

14. If you can do this, it's an excellent idea. I mean, unless your going after a specific effect. But if you're just smoking and don't need sleep induction or something, keep it different and it will keep life interesting. Different trips everytime, worth it and it never gets old. You never know what your going to get next. Life must be filled with surprises

15. [quote name='"Lerf"']If you can do this, it's an excellent idea. I mean, unless your going after a specific effect. But if you're just smoking and don't need sleep induction or something, keep it different and it will keep life interesting. Different trips everytime, worth it and it never gets old. You never know what your going to get next. Life must be filled with surprises[/quote]

Going for a mellow relaxed for night if I get stressed. And active relaxed for day if I et stressed in the day

16. If you are concerned with getting too high during your daily routines, then I suggest you look into some high CBD/ low THC Cannabis. High amounts of CBD works really well with even low amounts of THC, and the effect that it gives you makes you more alert than stoned in small doses. Although in high amounts, CBD eventually progresses into a solid body stone. I recommend that you try and find two different CBD strains; one that is primarily a Sativa, and the other an Indica. I will have to be honest and say that it is actually surprisingly difficult to get your hands on high CBD strains, unless your a mmj patient. Either you can get it from a dispensary, which usually do carry them, or you can grow it yourself. A few strains you might want to look up are, Harlequin, and Cannatonic as both those strains are high in CBD. There are other strains, and as long as they are high in CBD, they are fine. I have heard a few people say that CBD works really well with their PTSD, and I hope it works as well for you!

Peace, and stay puffin!
    Common0ne :smoke:

17. This is something you should ask your doctor.....

18. [quote name='"smokinthaherb"']This is something you should ask your doctor.....[/quote]

As I said before I just did...

19. [quote name='"mjmama25"']

They fuck with your brain chemistry no matter what. That stuffs terrible for you. People who have depression or a breakdown are MORE likely to have a relapse if they take meds than of they didn't. MORE likely to commit suicide etc. IMO you're better or using MJ full time and weening off the chemical crap.[/quote]

That was pretty much my point. They fuck with your brain chemistry. If your not taking them properly, then It's like flicking a light switch on and off until the light bulb blows.

So either take em properly, or don't take em at all.

Me, personally, I'm going to go the fish oil/cannabis route.

20. Good for you. Sorry I'm so anti med. I've seen the stuff ruin so many lives and change so many people that I'd always rather see someone use less and eventually taper off completely. I believe in getting to the root of depression and anxiety and finding better ways to cope with it.