Switching light mid vegetative stage

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Flower Czar, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Ok so I've been growing 3 plants under 2 LED 100 watt replacement lights with 16 watt actual pull (like the ones you replace your lights you use to see with) and they are 4 weeks old and about 9 inches tall and I can see the female parts growing out of the nodes while having them under a 24 hour schedule. Now I know this light is not right for growing so I ordered a 2.5 cubic meter tent and 400 watt HIDs (with both HPS and MH so I can give proper light during each stage) and plan on switching to a normal 18-6 routine until its time for flowering. I'm worried that my plants will die from the vast increase to light when I put them in the tent with the MH lights. Would this cause strain on my plant and how would I ease it if thats the case?

My hope is that the slow growth from the low watt lights can be made up for by keeping in the vegetative stage longer while under the better lights and putting my flowering stage 2 weeks down the road compared to what it would be if I used proper lights from the beginning. Is this a good philosophy and would this work to keep my yield high and keep high THC? They are sour diesel seeds and the seed bank said it should take 8 weeks for harvest and yield 400-500 grams per square meter so I'm hoping to get at least 150 from each of my two main plants and 50-100 from my smaller plant (that started out as 2 plants that grew from one seed but I accidentally killed the larger plant when the light fell and burnt all the leaves off) for a total of 350-400 grams harvest. Is this a realistic expectation? They are pretty healthy and I can already smell the diesel from the two bigger plants when I put my nose up to the top nodes, smells identical to the sour d buds I got from my dealer right now so that should be a sign the plants are doing well right? This is my first grow and they are currently in my closet under two light fixtures in 5 gallon buckets and I will be moving them into a tent as soon as the tent and new lights arrive.