Switching from organic to nonorganic?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BloodSweatTears, Jul 16, 2012.

1. I've heard of people doing the opposite in the middle of a grow, but never going nonorganic. I am in coco and the organic nutes that I have available are sub par and I don't feel like I want to invest any more money into them. I want to switch to botanicare's coco blend, but I'm not sure how it'll effect my plants because they've been on the organic nutes for so long. I feel like it shouldn't be a big problem and I was going to start by just trying to feed one before applying it to all of them, but I'd like a second opinion.

2. Go for it.. you won't have a problem.. :)

3. Thanks. If nobody else disagrees I suppose I'll try it out.

4. I usually start my plants in organic soil and then switch to chems during flower, i dunno, it works for me!

5. Growers choice. Chems will definitely kill any microbes but it sounds like you're using "organic" nutrients? anyhow, and not a real organic soil so yeah, it probably won't even matter.

6. I generally veg my mothers on organic soil and flower the clones on inorganic. IF I flower in soil I use my base organic ferts, which last a long time. If I feel they are missing something I add some modified inorganic hydroponic solution. Just be careful, it's much easier to burn your plant like this and the potential salt buildups can reach toxic levels.

7. Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you all know how it goes.