Switching from HPS to CFL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MTheory, Nov 30, 2008.

1. I have a question...
    I want to go out of town for a little while and don't feel comfortable leaving a hot, high wattage lamp on while I'm gone (I've had problems with tripping circuit breakers). Would switching from HPS to CFL for just two or three days the second or third day of flowering period cause any problems? Would it slow growth significantly or cause a lot of sress? I don't want to end up with a hermaphrodite or something.

2. The plants will grow slower for the 2-3 days they are under the CFL, but the growth will return to normal once they get back under the HPS. I don't think it would cause enough stress to hermie your plants just so long your light schedule stays consistant.

3. just make sure you arent all loaded up on fertilizers before switching... too much fert and too little light will stress the plant

4. What about adding 2 CFL lights for supplemental lights. My main is 150w HPS light and I wanna add 2 for additional lighting..

5. More light never hurts just so long you're not burning the plant, or raising your temps to much. Go for it.