Switching from cfl to hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Freedom, Dec 2, 2008.

1. For my first grow, I used my 400w hps from seed to bud. For the sake of my electricity bill I decided to start off with a cfl this time.

I have three plants (about 4, 5 and 6 weeks old) and only one 125watt cfl, which has been ok until now. Now they need more light and will benefit from the heat of my hps.

I read that you can shock/bleach plants by giving them sudden high intensity light. I gave them just a couple of hours under the hps today, to try and get them used to it a bit, they are now back under the cfl.

I want them under the hps completely asap. Do I need to ease them into the hps gently? Or can I just have it a long way up from the canopy? If I do this will it cause too much stretch?

What's the best way to make the switch asap without hurting my babies?

Thanks. :)

2. Personally, I would ease into it by putting it higher up the canopy and slowly lowering it. Changing spectrums often doesnt seem like "ease" ya know?

3. Thanks for the response Anony. :)

I'm gonna do that, just lower the light a bit each day. They certainly seem ok with it so far, I think they're just grateful for the extra light.

Cheers! :smoking: