Switching flowering light cycle?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DropAcid_Not_Bombs, Mar 4, 2015.

1. I was under a 12 hour cycle for 3 or so weeks, my timer got messed up and started doing a 16 hour light cycle. I estimate it's been like that for 3-4 weeks now. I don't really wanna stress my plant anymore. Is it possible for me to continue vegging? I have the space for it because unfortunately my plant snapped at the main stem while LST due to the twine I was using weakening it.Or would I have to switch back to a 12 hour cycle??? Does anyone know what the effects of switching off of a 12 hour cycle could be? Here's my plant. She looks kinda crappy right now cuz she's been through a lot, including a fungus gnat issue. But she still hasn't Hermed or shown any signs of doing so. Anyone's input is welcome.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425491049.440463.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425491068.889084.jpg

"We made nature illegal. This just shows how unnatural we have become"

2. I have read where you can return to veg hours even at this stage, but I've never done it.

Supposedly the buds continue do their thing while new branches develop

3. That's interesting. I hope that's true because that's pretty much exactly what I need. I do have some newer growths, I'm just not sure if they are going to be little baby nugs or if they are going to continue and become branches. We'll see I guess. I'm leaning towards just continuing as is and seeing where it goes. If needed once my plant has recovered some from everything I'll put it back into a 12 cycle.

4. So ...you were in bud then went to 16 hour veg, and you want to go back to 12x12 bud times, along with some other 'complications' ..?

I urge caution, continue with your way but due to other stuff, I suggest she is stressed to the max, the first sign of a herm

....=  time to harvest

5. Well that what I'm wondering, what would be best to do in my situation. I would really love to keep vegging and have my plant get bigger but I'm not sure how it's going to grow after going though flowering already and then back on a vegging cycle. I'm just trying to know what I should expect my plant to do if I keep vegging. Like whether or not I would get branch growth, or fanleaf growth. From what I'm seeing so far my plant is still nugging, small leaves and white hairs, but no fanleafs starting to grow so far and I'm not sure if that's from the fungus gnats and everything, like her growth is just kinda stunted or if it's because I already flowered. And if I know what to expect, from there I could decide whether or not to go back on a 12/12 cycle or continue on vegging and bump up to like 18 hours.

6. Natures favors the plant...if you are about to go spring ...so should the plant, potup to some fresh soil, and go 18/6

7. Im transplanting into a 100% vegan organic mix I made myself once it's done cooking (aka decomposing) as of for right now I'm top dressing a few things such as neem meal, castings and sphagnum moss. Just this has helped a lot, I'm already seeing progress. The growth is no longer stunted and I'm getting new growths. It does seem to be branching off while still making nugs, but it doesn't seem to have any intentions of making any fan leaves, at least not anytime soon. I think I will bump my 16 hours up to 18 and be back on a full veg schedule for a good month or two till I switch back to flower. .

8. All soil is vegan, last I checked there's no soil that eats meat;)

what about soil with blood and bone meal in it?

10. carnivorous soil....lol

huh?

12. Some soils have additives in it. Some soils have genetically modified ingredients. Miracle grow certainly isn't vegan. So no not all soils are vegan or organic. Organic and vegan are referring to all natural ingredients that haven't been modified or processed heavily.

13. carnivores eat meat....vegans, vegetarians and herbivores don't

14. Vegan also refers to no animal products. Which I guess I should of been more picky with my words because I have worm castings in my mix. But no bone or blood meal.

when people talk about "vegan soil" they mean soil without any sort of meat byproducts in it, like bone and blood meal.. and probably a couple of others that i'm not thinking of.
    they aren't referring to the soil literally eating vegetables or meat.

16. veg·an

ˈvēɡən/

noun

a person who does not eat or use animal products.

I was just joking around when I made the comment. Vegans don't eat meat and have nothing to do with plants, neither do carnivores. Being vegan is just a choice people make in their diets

17. I have never heard if it referred too in that manner....I was just kidding around didn't mean to make such a deal over a joke.

18. #18 AugustWest, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015

i understand that you never heard of it, which is why i explained it to you :)
    i think it's a silly concept myself.. but to each their own.

i don't think it became a big deal at all.. just a conversation.

19. thanks man and now I know

20. Well I actually suffer from a stomach disease so I can't eat a lot of foods, so I eat mainly vegan. I still do eat some meat. But what I'm getting at is I'm really apart of the vegan/organic community. Vegan describes more than just people. But products as well. I mean I have a vegan face wash lol. There's a million vegan products out there. And it does have to do with soil actually and a soil mix CAN be vegan. Just means it's all natural, cruelty free, excludes animal products. I've gotten supplies from local garden stores as well as from the Internet and mixed my own soil mix instead of buying some crappy soil mix and using bottles nutes or going the hydro route. This way is recyclable, meaning the mix can be reused time and time again. Some organic growers have reused there soil mixes for years and years.