Switching Back To 24/7 Light From 18/6, Ok For Plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KidKid, May 29, 2013.

1. title says it all. Plants are starting their fourth week, still somwhat small. I switched them to 18/6 a few days ago. However I like the growth better at 24/7. Would it hurt my plants to switch them back to 24/7? 

2. ^^^ dunno what that guy's talking about, you'll be fine

lol....

4. Again... 18/6 and 24/0 are both veg, if he was in flower it might be an issue

why do you think it matters?  have you ever actually done it yourself?  cause I have, several times, with zero issue

5. you will def be fine. its not like you were in a couple weeks of 12/12 the went 24/7 which ive done and still was fine..happy growing bro!

6. [​IMG]

He asked "Would it hurt my plants to switch them back to 24/7?"

I responded with a "no"...

7. #8 hello ladies, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    lol... didn't read close enough

his topic was "Switching Back To 24/7 Light From 18/6, Ok For Plants?"

8. it depends if you are trying to most closely imitate natural processes or most closely get bud. if the latter your all good.

9. your plants will be fine, just don't try to make it a regular thing. 

10. #11 capitate, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    Many growers consider 24/7 light to be wasteful and unproductive, not to mention unnatural. I've heard it said that it does not cause faster growth than 18/6. Others disagree. It doesn't seem to hurt them at least. :smoke:

11. I like having a dark period, even if its only 4 hours 20/4. They need some time to rest! You dont have to use only 24/0 or 18/6 or even 16/8. You can use anything inbetween! Different strains like different amounts. So test it out yourself and decide.