switched lights wtf?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mosesnumb, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I have a blue widow plant that is being scrogged in a dwc setup, was under 276w of cfl with it on 24/0, ph between 5.5-6 using the lucas formula, 2 days ago i swapped the cfls out for my 240w blackstar as i was finished with it from my previous grow, temps stay between 70-80f and rh is around 40%, since switching lights everything looks like its shriveling up and drying up. The led is on 24/0 also. I can post pictures if needed. Would it be caused by the led being that much more intense? The led is a good foot away ... any ideas before i pull my hair out?

2. Hey, I'm doing a blue widow dwc scrog too. Might be the light, have heard that some of the led's are so intense that they burn like 3' away. Do you know the lens angles on that light? I have my blue widow under 2 150w hps lamps about 18" from the canopy. Would like to follow your grow, hope you get it sorted out. I would raise the light and see how they respond. You can always lower it later as they get more used to the intensity.

3. Bump. Pic included.

4. Picyy

Attached Files:

5. Any improvement?

6. ...looks like she dried out a bit, how far away is your water from your netted pot?

7. I keep my water right at the net pot.

8. Water stays usually right about the bottom of the pot

9. Did you do anything else with them before switching the light? I have had plants look like yours for other reasons. Any spraying for bugs? Folier feeding? Did you switch nutes in res. Maybe a ppm or ph shift?

10. The only change was the lights, water was somewhat low the day after the light change, i swapped in fresh soup running lucas formula of gh with ppm of ~600ppm .5 conversion. Ph was 6.0 yesterday and has dropped to 5.8 over the last 24-48 hrs. Plant isn't looking better, but not looking any worse either. Any blades have anything else to contribute? Hoping she survives, this was my first scrog and it was filling out nicely.

11. Well, the dried out leaves won't recover, but as long as you have new growth you should be fine.

12. ...I bet your plant will recover...try not to let your water get low anymore ;)