Switch to Flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JKill, Feb 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Okay,

Current setup is DWC hydro, 3 part Flora series, CALiMAGic, 4' T8 fluorescents.

quick question on switching plants to flower. i've ordered my LED grow light which will get here on tuesday. should i switch my T8's to 12/12 when i do my nute change for transition today? or should i wait until i have the LED to change to 12/12.

Thanks all so much in advance for any help

2. I never trust the shipping companies no more...

3. i don't know what that means... i've never had anything show up late?

4. I've had things never show up at all!

5. okay, so...

quick question on switching plants to flower. i've ordered my LED grow light which will get here on tuesday. should i switch my T8's to 12/12 when i do my nute change for transition today? or should i wait until i have the LED to change to 12/12.

6. I would wait until i receive the lights, then I would do a 12/12 change and change the nutes when you change the timing.
    What transition nutes are you planning?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. #8 JKill, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    thanks for the reply @trojangrower

I don't really have the option to switch the nutes Tuesday when the light arrives, saturdays or sundays are my only day where i have enough time to deal with the nutrients/cleaning everything. so here are my options/questions i guess

1)flip my T8's to 12/12 and change my nutes today. then add the led light tuesday night?

2)keep the plants in veg for another full week. (changing the nutrient but keeping it the same strength as last week. this would be week 6 of veg) and then change the nutes/lights next weekend for flower?

3) top the plants/keep in veg a week. then add LED and flip to 12/12 next weekend?

Thanks again

8. here are the plants today. also another question would it be good to remove those lower fan leaves that are old/not getting much light/ have a bit of off colour to them?

20190202_090330.jpg 20190202_090333.jpg

9. Please top your plant and wait another week. You will be better off with some training.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It can’t hurt to switch now and use ur veg light. A lot of ppl use they veg bulb/light to flower the first week or two to help lessen stretch

• Like Like x 1
  11. 10-4. I think i will veg for another week and hold of until next weekend to switch flower.

never tried topping before...

just cut the main stem under the top 2 newest leaves is that correct? researching this now

would it be a bad idea to NOT top? this is my first grow in a couple years and i'm thinking of maybe just letting the plants do their thing? not sure on this
    20190202_093006.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. hi Jkill,

have a look at these pictures. Also, you cut the top off in the middle between the highest and next highest node. Don't cut too close to either node, just in between is the safest.

• Like Like x 1
  13. alright, going to top today. I mean it seems straight forward enough???
    pretty sure i'm over thinking this step.

14. You are overthinking it. It happens.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. doesn't have to be 3rd node tho obviously right? i'm on like 6 or 7

16. Okay I went for it. two topped plants. thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.
    20190204_095450.jpg 20190204_095500.jpg 20190204_095505.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Right. Just a picture for reference.

18. Good work. Now you can do it again if you'd like after they grow out, though you're a little farther than I would be for topping.

Depends on how long you want to veg.

• Like Like x 1