Switch to flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JaysKaya, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Sup folks,

I’ve been trying to figure out when to switch to flower. Im growing feminized Jack Herer seeds, and now realizing that this plant can stretch pretty big. I have a small 20x20x48 tent. Right now the plant is about two weeks from sprout. Should I start to flower after 3 week veg to avoid height issues? I understand my yields may not be great, but this is my first grow having a yield is good enough for now. Have it under 300w led Viparspectra light from amazon. Thanks for any input !

Attached Files:

2. Thanks! I have read up on this a bit, based on that photo of my plant would you think I can begin to LST?

3. It depends on what you plan to do. Read up on the different methods people use (that guide goes over the most common) then come up with a plan. It'd be helpful to know home much space there is between the bottom of your light and the top of the plant right now.

4. Don’t have an exact measurement, but I’d guess about 12-18 inches

5. Oh dang, well if that's as high as you have to go, which makes sense in a 2' tent, I would top and train, top and train, etc...to move the plant around to fill up the horizontal plane a bit more then flip to flower when you're maybe 3/4 of the way full.

6. Thanks man, gonna read up and probably start to train the plant. Maybe top by next week or so and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Try some lowstresstraining u will like the idea specially if u r not comfortable with topping at the moment

• Like Like x 1