Switch To Flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Beepbeepbeep, Jun 6, 2014.

1. #1 Beepbeepbeep, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
    I'm getting differing answers on when to switch to flower.  I germinated my seeds 29 days ago.  I'm doing a scrog in hydro.  I'm growing 2 short bushy indicas.  I have a very low height restriction of 14" from plant to light.  (CFLs so I can get really close to the light) 

One of the plants is about 7" tall now, and the other is about 6" tall.  The SCROG screen is at about 7".  I've heard that you should switch to flower when you get to half of your grow room.  Well that's where I'm at now.  But then people say don't switch until you get alternating nodes, which I don't have yet.  They say if you switch before alternating nodes, which is a sign the plants aren't sexually mature, all you're going to do is take longer to veg, because you're only providing 12 hours of light. 

When do I switch?

2. #2 DubK420, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
    There's no need to wait until the nodes start to alternate. Some people grow 12/12 from seed. You should switch now if you want to make sure you have enough room, in my opinion. I vegged a solo cup Sour Diesel for 9 days and switched to flower. It just takes a little longer for your girls to show their sex when you switch before the nodes start to alternate, that's all. Good luck with your girls!
    Here's a pic of the plant vegged for 9 days.
    SD week 10 begin.jpg

3. That's an awesome plant you grew.  I'll be switching to flower probably tomorrow then.  Thanks man! 

4. #4 DubK420, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    How are the ladies coming along? I usually see the first flowers appear on my plants after about 4 or 5 days. I usually veg for 30 days. Hope you end up with enough space for them. I need to try a scrog with my hempy bucket. I LST, but the plant always ends up jacked up and the colas are at different distances from the light. Do you have a grow journal for this?

5. If I had 50 buds like that I'd do this all day long . Cheap grow with the red cup haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I started to make a grow journal, but ran out of time in my daily life.  These girls are absolutely exploding in growth ever since I followed your advice and switched to 12/12.  I'm seeing flowers form now. 

I'm a little concerned about my lack of space though.  My screen is completely jammed full now, and the plants are growing over the screen now by quite a bit too with no place for me to tuck them under lol.  The plants look extremely healthy, so I guess I'm doing something right.  Next grow will be in a slightly bigger cabinet. 

7. If you can no longer tuck under the screen you have entered the next fun phase....Supercropping! Just pinch and roll and make sure you fill in the gaps and keep an even canopy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app