Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Swine Flu

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SuckItDown, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Hey all, just drove my tired ass to the doctors, they called back saying I had swine flu. I'm tired, have a headache, sore throat, blah blah. I was wondering if it's still okay to smoke? Will it make me feel normal? Would I even get high? Or should I just go on a forced T-break for a week or two? Any and all answers are appreciated.:(

2. I was thinking about this too because I thought I had the flu also. Luckily I don't but I was thinking that if you wanted to do it I would only recommend eating it because smoking could cause any respertory problems you have to get worse. The only downside I can think of to cannabis is it's immunosuppressive effect which might not be the best idea if you are sick with the flu. I would contact a doctor and ask.

3. Yeah, it will definitely exacerbate your coughing so that's a negative. But, if you are throwing up/not eating like my roommate was when he had flu, ganja could help relieve nausea and help bring your appetite back.

4. I just got over the flu myself which ended up turning into a pretty severe case of bronchitis. I would smoke a little bit when I was feeling really terrible and I can assure you that it will make you feel better. Weed is a beautiful thing. Definitely cut down, though. If it's a respiratory thing smoke could make it worse.

5. Yeah i'm in the middle of the flu right now and i have definitely cut down on smoking but there really is nothing like a little bit of medicinal marijuana to get rid of the aches or nausea. Weed + cough syrup with codeine = floating around the room

6. smoking wouldn't be the best option, if you're going to smoke use a vape, it wont put as much stress on your body.

7. Yeah if you really want to smoke you could also take some DXM (like a normal dose of robitussen) and that would probably help with coughing. Plus if you take a lot you might beneft from the other effects of DXM.

8. Dude, I had the swine flu last weekend and this whole week. Im not in school still, I smoked ALL week and weekend, its perfectly fine, it makes you feel WAY better. I was able to sleep alot.

9. I don't think smoking when you're sick is that bad. I smoked everyday when I had strep. Nothing happened to me, haha. It's good. It makes you feel better.

Oh yeah, penicillin + weed = paranoia.

10. Huh, strange, but I guess it's a good thing that you don't use antibioics to treat influenza.

11. I just got done with the flu, and then a subsequent ear and chest infection, and I didn't smoke once... I vaped. The thing about that is it dries out your airways which makes it a lot easier for bacteria to stick to your throat. I'm not sure if that makes a difference with a virus so I guess you will have to just try it our and see.

12. I can tell you from first hand experience (just caught h1n1 on Monday) that smoking weed helps a ton.

Like I have been having the worst back pains and i have been constantly coughing and after I toke like 2 bowls I feel completely healthy for like 3 hours.

13. grassy grass has it. got swine, toked up, felt better. stay high till it leaves man :p also take small hits, use a vape if you have one. j's are a no-no, try to keep it as smooth as possible

14. Just burn one already. =)

15. I can't really speculate on how healthy it is, but I always smoke more when I'm sick.

It makes me feel better and also seems to help my coughs get more crap out of my lungs, like an expectorant (which some say weed is).

It probably is just a matter of opinion, though. Some people may benefit from it and some may not. :confused_2:

16. Yeah I'm not sure if it's actually true but when I was on penicillin, every time I smoked, I got really paranoid.

17. Just got swine. Smoking everyday. It's gets rid of my cough, and when coupled with advil, it gets rid of the aches and pains. Advil, Benadryl and a toke before bed is all I need to put me to rest for the night.

Weed also acts as a decongestant for me, i dunno if that happens to anyone else, but my nose runs everytime i smoke.

It has definately made swine more tolerable.

P.S.: Been smoking a double bubbler, but taking small hits.

18. Swine Flu actually tightens your lungs, and smoking helps dilate them, so as far as that goes - I see no problem.

19. Dont smoke it, edibles or a vaporizer work great when your sick.