Swine Flu

Discussion in 'General' started by JustinLovesWeed, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Don't know if you guys have heard about it but there are a few reported cases in Texas and California, so they are shutting down the Mexican Border.
    SAd thing is the day this pandemic was taken note of i woke up with a fever and an extremely sore throat, which matches symptoms of swine flu. Also, the few cases that were reported in Texas ALL came from my school.
    The other fucked up part is, the other 2 people from my school that have it also smoke bud. Now i'm thinking i have it, and i'm thinking it might be coming from the mexican bud somehow.
    I don't know this is all just really crazy to me.
    What do you guys think?

2. i think you should go to the hospital... those chances are a bit on the uh oh side. go to the fuckin doctor man.

3. Get yourself checked out. My momma always said, better to be safe than sorry!

4. Guys, don't believe the hype about swine flu. It's just the flu, like every other flu. I got it last week, it was the same as any other. Stop watching the news.

5. You're probably high and paranoid. Lay off the pot for a couple hours, then make a sober decision.

6. uhh, i pretty sure you're wrong. do you realize that dozens have died from this particular strain. all flu strains are definitely not the same. did you forget what happened in 1918 when 50 million died worldwide. that's not a typical flu.
    you may have had flu like symptoms, but i think it's highly improbable that you have the fucking swine flu. this strain has a high mortality rate and causes severe respiratory problems which lead to pulmonary problems.

7. #7 gloppypop, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    ^^ Actually, mortality rates of Swine Influenza are less than 10%.

Apparently, the reason so many died in Mexico was because full viral symptoms were being shown.

It's not supposed to be as 'bad' in the States, for some reason or another.

8. #8 weedzilla420, Apr 26, 2009

well, if it's just a regular flu, than why would symptoms get so bad that they ultimately kill a person. that's not indicative of just some regular, run of the mill flu.

and why would the disease somehow less harmful when the infected cross some arbitrary border?

9. #9 gloppypop, Apr 26, 2009
    Well, of course not. I never meant to say it was a run-of-the-mill flu..

I just read somewhere that the cases in Mexico were much worse. Maybe because those certain cases involved direct contact with the pigs, while the cases here may have risen because of human-human contact.

I really don't know, though..

Apparently hundreds of NY students have already been exposed?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/25/AR2009042502404.html

10. dude - flu kills the elderly, young and infirm - you're just being paranoid

but if you're really worried about swine flu then you should mooooove

lol :smoke:

11. #11 GTea, Apr 26, 2009
    Just another story to distract people from the shitty economy and more stimulus bull shit (Dont flame Its just what I think)

or its a cover up for zombies @..@

12. #12 FreshMeat, Apr 26, 2009
    actually this same strain of flu was last seen in 1967, NJ at a certain military base, and it never left the compound. Sounds like a great designer epidemic to me. :cool: young, elderly, immune incapable, smell the population control floating in the air already.

13. #13 weedzilla420, Apr 26, 2009

normally you would be correct, but this particular strain has shown to have the highest mortality rates amongst those who are 25-45.

some articles of interest:

swine flu death toll could reach 210 million
    CanPREP :: View topic - Forecast of Grattan Woodson, MD - 210 millions deaths

New flu combines pig, bird, human virus | World News | News.com.au

Biotechnology Company Provided Advance Warning of Mexican H1N1 "Swine Flu" Virus Outbreak

OpEdNews » Mexican Swine Flu - An Advanced Biowar Event

14. I've already been checked out, this is a different strain of swine flu and it is NOT like the regular flu, they have no cure for it because it's a new strain and over 100 people in Mexico have already died from it. They're actually shutting down the Mexican borders because of it. I'm pretty sure i have it, i've been to the hospital three times but guess what, the hospitals are overcrowded with people getting checked out for swine flu.
    Theres really nothing i can do but hope it goes away, i'm just trying to figure out if it's coming from my pot or not.

15. I am not worried because Madagascar has not closed its ports.

True. This is an H1N1 strain, which means it is related to the virus that caused the Spanish Flu outbreak at the end of WW1.

The reason it tends to kill healthy people vs. the usual flu targets is that the virus triggers an enormous immune response that basically ends up killing the infected person. People with crappy immune systems like little kids and older people are actually less likely to die, go figure.

16. It just another media scare tactics. Soon, later this year, media is going say all nutritents pills (fish oil, b12, b6....etc) are bad for you.

17. Normally i would assume the same thing, man, it's just strange to me that i got the flu the day this was announced and it hasn't passed for 3 days now, and it's getting worse.

18. codex alimentarious