Swimming with Dreadlocks?

Discussion in 'General' started by BlueRuin, Mar 21, 2011.

1. I'm thinking about growing some dreadlocks starting in the summer... but I'm gonna be working as a lifeguard, is it possible to swim with newly forming dreadlocks?

This is also gonna be at an indoor pool, would it fuck with the water or anything? haha Anyone got any ideas? :confused:

2. its straight.. my cuz does it all the time.

3. I dunno about pool water but I've heard a dip in the ocean is great for dreads. Something to do with the salt water...

I doubt it'd be bad.

4. Haha i'm not worried about fucking up the dreads, I just didn't wanna get shit in the pool lol didn't wanna get fired over it

5. Dreads are supposed to be super clean, no grease at all. If anything they should be better than normal hair.

6. if i were you... id wait til after summer to get dreads

7. I passed the lifeguard certification shit with dreads, as long as you pass the certification they dont give a fuck.

It definitely slowed me down on the swim test but if you actually have to pull someone out that's like 5 feet of actual swimming.

Lifeguarding Hotels is the fucking best job, watch 2 old people swim for an hour and stare at an empty pool for the rest of the shift and get paid for it.

8. i know exactly what youre talking about ^^^^ :) good times..

9. I wouldn't sweat as long as you have clean dreads bro.