Sweetening the buds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Label425, Mar 26, 2002.

1. I remember someone told me once how to sweeten the buds, but I kinda forgot (short term memery, ya know) I know that when the buds are ready to be hung upside down, you soak the roots w/ a sweet liquid to sweeten the buds. what I was confused about was, first off, do you shake off the soil when you hang the buds upsids down, 2nd, should I soak the roots w/ the soil all around it, or do I soak them after I shake off the soild from the roots, and 3rd, do I hang the plants upside down before or after I soak the roots? any help would be appreciated, thanx

2. I don't know what you could have been told,,but woody has it right,,,genetics/growing conditions. A way to "sweeten" the soil is to add "lime"..fine dolomitic lime added to the medium prior to planting,,is the most common practice..and the best.(also supplies ca,mg).

Be leary of "stories" when growing,,,always get several views about any told,,that may seem odd.

[​IMG]

3. you put sugar in your watering mix while its in budding about 4 tea spoons per gallon i havent tried it yet but one of my friends who is an experienced grower told me trying it this year