Sweet Tooth Auto

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by medicalmoses, Oct 20, 2016.

1. reduced yields in a pot this size?
    transplant?
    if so, would there be a specific point in her growth that i do so?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What size is the pot? When the tips of the leaves reach out past the rim of the pot it's time to think about transplanting to a bigger pot. Unless it's already in the final pot, in that case start using nutrients

3. Look, when you first put a seedling into soil, the very first thing it does is build a root system. Depending on how large the container you start the plant in is and the volume of soil it has to root into, this can take some time. You've started your seedling off in a container that, compared to the seedling, looks like a 5 gallon barrel. You will have to be very patient and LEAVE THE PLANT ALONE until it has time to form a root system and get back to growing. You will not see what it's doing during this period of time, but it is working hard. You get faster growth by keeping the plant size and the container size relative. The less soil a plant must root into, the less time it takes to do it.

You know it's time to transplant a plant when the plant becomes wider and taller than the container it's growing in. This usually means the plant is slightly root bound and that is what you want in a plant before you transplant...slightly root bound or more. Until the plant has outgrown the current container, there is no need to go up in size to another one. Not sure about what you were asking, but this was what I got out of it. TWW

• Like Like x 4
  4. I dont think you should transplant an auto flower, from what I have read they do not like it much

5. From dealing with just a few autos myself....I PERSONALLY THINK you will be just fine in that pot. You won't be losing a considerable amount of yield...if much at all.....in that pot compared to a bigger one.

And as far as everything else.....what the widow white said

6. I have read this over and over but essentially HAD to transplant an auto of mine the other day....she seems to be doing JUST fine....though I have nothing to compare it to (another plant of this strain grown as this one only not transplanted)

• Like Like x 1
  7. I really dont know, I have read a lot about them as I have a few seeds that are autos, but I have not grown any yet, but from reading they say dont transplant, dont top, but lst is ok.

8. It's not the actual transplant that causes the problem with autos, it's having its roots restricted in the previous pot that causes the problem. Photoperiods can be root bound and you transplant and veg longer and there's no problem. But with autos you don't have the luxury of simply vegging longer. Autos flower when they are ready, and if you have stunted the growth in their very short vegging period then that will have a direct knock on effect with the yield

Restricting the roots restricts the growth so that's why it's often best to start in the final pot. This has its disadvantages so its not that clean cut. One of the most common beginner problems is over watering, and that is a real risk when the pot is too big

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok but the larger the pot the slower the plant grows , or is that not true with an autoflower? And if it is does it take longer to flower in a larger pot and increase yield ?

10. That is definitely not true. The only way that could happen is from over watering. Perhaps it may feel like the plant is smaller in comparison to the large pot.

No, pot size doesn't effect how long it takes to flower. Sometimes ill health can affect development so could prolong flowering, but that will not increase yield

• Like Like x 2
  11. The reason I ask is that when I started my photo plant in a 3.5 gal pot everyone told me it was so small because I did not start in a smaller pot and replant, but to be honest I am glad I started in the 3.5 and the plant seem to have done well, but it was some of the advice I got when I started out several months ago.

12. The pot can be as big as you want, but, you have to be careful that you don't over water. Smaller bodies of soil take shorter times to dry out so it less likely you will have over watering problems.

Also if the soil isn't very good it can hold on to too much water and if you over water once it takes so long to dry out that the plant can be stunted for a long time.

You can over water a small pot but if you do, it takes less time to dry out so it will stunt the plant less. If you don't over water it in the first place then there isn't a problem

• Like Like x 2
  13. So do the air pots fix this with autos as well, I read that they make it much harder to over water

14. I don't see how air pots make any difference to anything