Sweet Seeds - Fast bud

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PhL0aTeR, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Google Translate

Just picked up 10 fem seeds, looking for anyone who has tried this strain... They say 5 weeks to finish

[​IMG]

2. Wow, if that is true, I would love to get some of those, 5 weeks?....where did you get them from? and...how much?? :D

3. attitude, the whole order cost me $125US for 10 seeds and 2 of their free seeds

I have a bit of planning to do, but ill germinate in about a week, just looking for some more info from anyone whose grown em

4. Damn, I just wish it weren't autoflowering. These would be great as a nice first start yield to get you going before switching to regular plants. Or, if you're buying seeds anyway for every crop, then these would be perfect.

5. or if you just havent quite got the hang of hydro yet and need to grow a dirt crop to get your stock back to a respectable level ;)

6. Well, it's 7 weeks of total grow if you read the fine print. And almost 100% of the time I have to add a week or even two to what the breeder says.

I would bet some cold hard cash that you don't pull more than 30-40 grams / plant though. I used to be a huge autoflowering supporter, but I just can't anymore. Time, electricity, nutes just don't make sense to only pull 30 grams a plant when I can use the same amount of electricity, nutes, and just another week or two and pull 75-125 grams / plant.

EDIT: That's also 30-40 grams from a great plant. Odds are you're looking at <= 28 grams / plant. But if you're a light smoker, then really that is about all you need anyway...

7. yep, 7 weeks total, still faster than the 8 weeks for LR #2 (also agreed on adding a week to that) which i had previously grown, and yes, the yields they say are a tad skewed to say the least, but i was bankin on a bit over an oz per plant, my LR#2 had an average of 1.25oz per plant...

again.... mainly looking here for someone who has grown these for any hints/nuances to this specific strain.... thanks

8. NP, I understand. I too am interested in the autoflowering movement. I think that there are definitely cases where they are wonderful. Just need to find a way to get better yields from them.

By no means was I trying to deter you from growing them. Let us know how they do.

9. werd, for now im just gonna aim for a general Fox Farm feeding schedule

meanwhile still trying to get a hang of hydro in the next room :bongin:

10. keep the lights at 20/4 for autoflower through their entire lives...that 4 hours of dark helps so much with roots health. And when ya think it done wait a week lol.

11. Follow these:

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/hydrofeed.pdf

Not sure if you have seen, them but if you are a fan of FF products like I am, then that's really all you need. And if you want to use the soil grow big for hydroponic as well, you can do it, just make sure you check your EC/PPM whichever you use. And when you switch to flower, knock it down to about half of what it suggest for grow big when using hydro.

12. yeap thats what i planned on.... using big bloom for flowering tho, grow big i just use for veg

13. #13 kookachu, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    Hey, not sure if you grew these out or not phloater.. how are ur's coming along?

heres my five at day 50 under a 600w hps if you ar interested

the smallest bushiest one is at about 20/80 amber/cloudy so it may be done by the end of the week. the rest will need at least 63 days I'm thinking :smoking:

not sure what yield will be like as I've never grown autos before but will be sure to report

Attached Files:

14. ive already cut mine down.... :hello:

definitely a "fast bud"

15. nice one.. what u think to the smoke?

16. I'd also like to hear a smoke report on these ladies. I just ordered 10 beans myself. I wanted to try them out just for the novelty factor of the autoflowering and the speed. A lot of people knock autoflowers but they apparently don't know much about botany if they are that offended by the idea, as cannabis is NOT the only plant that *sometimes* exhibits light-independent flowering. I've grown a fair amount of "regular plants" and I just think the sheer novelty of autoflowering is cool.

I'm excited to see for myself as I've already had great experiences with Sweet Seeds. They haven't been around too long and I know folks are probably skeptical about new seed companies, but I think it will only be a matter of time before people realize what great stuff they have. I usually add on time to the schedule too but I found that everything for my last grow took exactly as long as they said - my Green Poison was perfectly ripe right at 7 weeks, just as advertised.

17. hey man, mine should be about done in 10-14 days (currently on day 59 from seed) so will post a smoke report, details etc.

I think the Fastbud are supposed to be done after 49 days according to breeder, but mine didn't look anywhere near done on 49 days. Day 56 gave me a nice heady high from a testbud, but trichs could still go longer.

I agree autoflowers can serve a purpose, in my case they are basically hors d'ouerves to save me chopping the other 10 (regular) girls early :)

if I forget to post the smoke report, hassle me :) hehe

18. Hey bro I just got my FastBud seeds today! I'm going to put them in water tonight!

19. Nice one man. yesterday 2 of mine were at about 75/25 cloudy/amber so I'll hopefully be chopping on monday/tuesday.. 2 are at about 25/75 clear cloudy and the other one looks like it might be a 10-weeker... Will sort out some more pics soon... Having some technological issues at the moment..

20. First two were a bit of an early chop on monday but I needed smokes :D

Third came down last night.. looks much better and it will have a chance to properly dry and c ure too.

Pre and post-chop Fastbud

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then there were two..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: