Sweet homeade glass bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by brandon5532, May 2, 2013.

1. Mobile Photobucket

Pretty awsome for like 15$. The 1/2" drill bit was 12$ at menards, but im pretty sure their about the same at like home depot, lowes.... Then i used a sharpie highligher tube for the downstem. That was laying around the house but only a 1$ maybe 2. And the glass bottle is a red berry ciroc bottle. Any bottle of your choice should work. I sealed it hot glue but a gromet works too. Only a 1$ at a home improvement store.
    The key part of the this is the drilling, you need to drill the glass underwater with water in it. Go slow and take your time, and let the drill do the work. Only apply enough pressure to help guide the bit, not enought to force because it will crack.Just take your time and be patient, youll get it. It was my first time and it took 2 trys. Used a regular slide and it works good just like my bio. Happy Smokin!!

2. Dude the sharpie pen tube is plastic and will melt with the heat. It will make your bud taste like shit and may poision you as well. Be careful.

3. The tube is never touched by the flame, And the bottom of the slide touches the water so its all good. But i am in the process of getting a glass dowmstem.

4. #4 hamstereater, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    haha plastic is not like metal in that your water will not prevent melting. plastic is not a good conductor like metal, you could burn any part of that sharpie case that is above water. and the heat of the lighter goes way past the tip of its flame, ever hold a lighter a foot below your horizontal hand? try it.

if you have an airsoft barrel then that will work, just use aluminum foil to make a ridge for the bowl to set on... or at least i did that with a socket for my gatorade bottle bong. Sealed around where the stem goes into the bottle with hot glue, works as well as any bong can!

5. Iknow the sharpie tube isnt the greatest but fuck it it works. And the downstem isnt really a stem more like just a holder for the slide. The slide is underwater and the top of the tube is never melted. And plus water filltration should take care of the problem anyways. Shit people who smoke out of plastic bottles are doing the same thing i am. Plus people smoke out of cans and aluminum foil. So fuck it im just trying to get high lol:hello:

6. yea man i dont know if you saw my post but i too used a sharpie case a month or so ago. with socket for a bowl. Just glad my parents told me not to, i just used an airsoft barrel.

but i know the feeling of "well i just want to get high" lol i am high right now:smoking: