Swedish Outdoor Summer Journal.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Shugu, Jul 21, 2014.

1. #1 Shugu, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Hello everyone on GC.

This year i decided to try my luck with some homegrown canna, i Bought these really nice seeds from Greenhouse seed company and i only have nice things to say about them.
    All of the seeds Matured as they should and all of them developed to strong plants.

I started my grow in 8 small plastic cups in the middle of may. i visited them everyday and watered them and cared for them. I had to keep them outside for security.

After about a week on the top of this rocky outcrop a huge rain storm hit that lasted for three days and i had to protect them with clear plastic buckets. that was a wet day. i was scared that the temperature would kill them, it dropped during the storm from 15c to 4-5c in the evening.

When they outgrew and got to big for the cups i moved them to an island in the middle of a swampy pond i had to wade out to this Island, the water was about knee deep and i think i got stung by about 30 mosquitos.

On the island there is also my natural pest controll. The island is filled with swedish ''fire'' ants. small orange ones which sting you and it burns for a little while, havent had a single problem with bugs eating the leaves and such. though it is anoying to walk away from there with itchy ankles.

Now as i write this i think i have 4-5 days left on the bing bang's and about 1-2 weeks on my Sweet mango.

I will let you GC decide the names of my 8 plants. 

Now they are only days/week away from harvest. will be uploading pictures tomorrow afternoon

I planted two Big Bang autoflowers and six Sweet Mango

2. Unfortunetly i was not able to visit my grow today, hopefully there will be pictures tomorrow. :)

3. Excited for pics man, kudos on the remote and treacherous grow plot!

4. Tragedy strikes, someone definetly found my grow and someone has definetly planned on screwing me over. first 5 days ago i heard a rumor while at the local pub. Someone is growing cannabis they said and that it was at my location, terrified ofcourse that they will report it to the police i was forced to harvest the plants before some of them were finished :(

So at 2:30 two of my friends and i left for the pond. when we got close and walked in the dried bed of the pond. i could se footsteps that were about 1-2 days old. it had been raining for two days sporadicly. so the footprints were faded. 

fortunetly the plants were healthy and untouched. i cut them down and placed the Big bang's, Sweet mango in a big plastic garbage bag. then we raced for home.

The big bang's were actually ready for harvest, but i would say that the sweet mango were a good 3 weeks from being done.

We sat in my bathroom for about 3 hours to groom my 7 plants. 

And here are pictures for you guys to enjoy!

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG