Swedish Fish

Discussion in 'General' started by Benito, Dec 15, 2007.

1. So... yea they're delicious and awesome and all... but what makes them Swedish?

2. They hail from Swedish waters.

3. Read the package- they're made in Canada. I must say I was disappointed. But not suprised, I guess... One time I almost died choking on a huge wad of half-chewed sweedish fish.

4. From Wikipedia

In 1958, Malaco, a Swedish confectionery manufacturer, decided to expand its business by exporting a few of their products to North America. Various licorice ribbon and licorice lace candies were the first products to be exported. The Malaco exporting business grew and in the late 1960s and early 1970s, Swedish Fish and Swedish Berries, identical in composition but in the shape of berries, were developed specifically for the North American market. Today the Swedish Fish consumed in North America are made in Canada by the Cadbury Adams Company. The fish are distributed in the US by Cadbury Adams in Parsippany, New Jersey.

5. yummmmmmm

6. Oh damn, I haven't had those in so long... I want some so bad now.

7. I like the (off brand) multi flavored swedish fish you get at Target. Get this Purple Kush in me and I can eat 2 bags easy.:smoking:

8. mmm swedish fish FTW

9. I totally forgot about those, I'm getting some now

10. Swedish fish own