Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sweating after quitting?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Boobar, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Hi

I've been smoking daily since around June time, in the last month or so between a Q and a half a week.

The last time I smoked was Saturday morning. I've had the usual withdrawal symptoms (insomnia, lack of appetite). However, I've been sweating a lot too. Mostly underarm and hands but my back a little too. It's kind of like a cold sweat, I mean, I feel cold but I'm still sweating. I'm guessing it's down to quitting, I can't think of anything else it could be.

Is this normal? I'm not worried or anything, it's just irritating having huge sweat patches, haha.

2. u will sweat when u stop, its normal i guess(my friends have experienced it, not i)

3. i always get sweaty hands, its really annoying. i have to wash them about 3 times and they still sweat when im high.

4. I've quit for periods of time, and yes i was sweatin' like a fat woman in heat for a few nights. It goes away.

5. Yeah I get that even when I do smoke weed, sucks waking up in a cold wet bed haha.

6. personally when i take a small break, i dont notice any withdrawal symptoms besides wanting to get high. Maybe you sweated before and just didnt notice cause you were blazed? It isn't like your body is craving thc..

-edit, perhaps it could be sweating the thc out ?

7. Yes i had the same problem in winter when it was freezing cold i only got it 3 nights tho first night was really bad sweating excesively all night . all over my body

8. Yep! I stopped smoking for a month a little while ago and definitely experienced sweating. Just stick through it! It'll go away ;)

9. I also got a little shaky. Quitting weed for me wasn't much different than when i quit hydros

10. Never experienced that on one of my many T-Breaks but I will notice my hands being excessively sweaty at random times of the day when it is not hot nor am I doing any sort of strenuous physical activity.

11. Maybe you're a fiend and getting anxious because you're not high. The anxiety is most likely causing sweaty palms.

I've never experienced a withdrawl form marijuana, just a lack of appetite and insomnia. But I always have insomnia.

12. Well, at least I'm not the only one. It is easing up now.

Yeah, I thought maybe my body was burning fat to get it's 'fix' of THC as it's stored in fat cells which is making me sweat. Kinda like how we sweat from our body burning fat during exercise.

But then reading that back kinda sounds like a stoner thought so it's probably not true.

13. Started a t-break 2 days ago, went outside this morning while at work to get some info from a car, it's about 35 degrees outside and I'm sweating, not doing anything to work up a sweat just sweating. What the fuk?

14. Makes no sense haha. Interesting thought but the cannabinoids are already spent.

You are more than likely experiencing anxiety. If cannabis becomes a constant for you, you will feel anxiety when quitting. Especially if you previously used it to treat anxiety.

15. Well, yeah it is.

Cannabis has been known to decrease sweating, I've experienced what OP went through. What if MMJ was prescribed for sweating too much? :smoking: