swampish grow, gimme some thoughts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokelikeSNOOP, Apr 23, 2010.

1. i have an area of swampy area behind the house, very sunny "(obviously good), but the ground is wet to the step (obviously not so good). I dont want to drown my plants, so im considering 5 gallon buckets with holes or even an open bottom. Would this still drown my plants or would this offer enough protection from the dampness?

THANKS!

2. I'd do a bucket or plant on the outskirts of the swampy area. Stagnant water is low in oxygen and it'll make your plants suffer. I'd recommend looking for strains that do well with humidity, too.

3. thanks! makes sence. could i still bury the pots on the outskirts? having big pots sticking out of ground doesn't sound appealing to me.

4. I'm in literally the exact same position as you. I have a large portion of swampy land behind my house, and I just bought 5 gallon buckets and soil. The grow site is and island raised about 2 feet out of the standing water. My though is to bury 5-8 of the buckets about 1 foot deep and drill holes for drainage. Would this be a bad idea to let my plant come in contact with any of the native soil? The strain I am growing is "Northern Soul" (northern lights X Skunk #1). Any replies are greatly apreciated