Swamp Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by EricSmokesGreen, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Ok so as some of you may not know, my previous spot was comprimised, so i found a new perfect spot in a swamp, its like a little island in a swamp with lots of sunlight, the only probelm is that i dont want to plant in 5 gallon buckets because of smaller yeild and i dont want to plant in individual 20 gallon bucket cause it will be too much soil. so would a box of wood that is 2ft high x 9ft long x 6 ft wide be good to plant around 9 or 10 plants? and i would line the bottom with a tarp so if the water rose it wouldnt absorb into my plants. any other sugestions? like would planting 2 plants in 1 20 gal get me the same yeild as 1 plant in 1 20 gallon?

2. #2 Leapfrog, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    The volume of your box will be 108 cu ft so I don't know how that is "too much soil" compared to the 5 individual 20 Gallon pots...:confused:

3. yea i would go with the pots, so if you needed too you could raise if high water is possible. and you probaly could get away with 2 per pot, but i bet if you got some big sativa strain, you could crop it and bend it, and just have one huge plant per pot.

4. #4 cantharis, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    According to my calculations a box of 2´ X 9´ X 6´ is 108 cubic feet which is equal to 693 US dry gallons.

5. Yea, i crunched the numbers when i was done. the 2 plants per 20 gal container sounds better. but would i be loosing any yeild if i did 2 per 20 gallon container?

6. Bump? i really need to know this guys, ive never grown in bucket or totes, Ive always planted in the ground. but would plant 2 in a 20 gallon tote reduce my yield?

7. Guerilla greens grows sevral plants in his "totes" but says his yields are a little reduced. Check out his threads at unleashdagreen. If I didn't post this for you, this is what he pm'd me:

I just cut the bottoms out of 20 gallon rubbermaid totes and jam them down a couple inches in the mucky swamp. I just break up the swampy ground first with a shovel and there should be just a little standing water in the spot you break up. Then I just put one coco coir block in each tote. I mix in a few gallons of top soil, a pound of worm castings, a pound of tropical bat guano, and a half cup of dolomite lime. I just mix it all up and plant.