Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Swallowing smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SaskKush, Feb 9, 2013.

1. I always swallow after I take a hit usually, am I swallowing the smoke? I tried burping after and smoke didn't come out

2. "I always swallow AFTER I take a hit"
    You're good. Only time you'll swallow smoke is if its while taking a hit. And you'll burp it out later.

3. #3 The Golden Spiral, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    How the fuck do you smoke? Smoking is just like breathing. You just inhale into your lungs.
    Stop swallowing(lol)

4. lol i swallow smoke all the time on purpose because i think it's funny when i burp it up later.

5. Weird. I don't think I've ever swallowed smoke.

6. just sort of gulp it. actuall smoke comes out next time your burp. but i ate 2 firecrackers laast night now whenever i fart it smell like weed..

7. I smell bullshit

8. no im so seriouse. try it.

9. I would if I had bud, but I have court in march for possession & paraphernalia charges, and possibly intent to sell.
    So I'm keeping clean 'til then.

10. If you swallow too much you might feel sick, but otherwise you'll just burp it out. I used to reflexively swallow if I took to big of a rip but it went away after a little bit

11. So is are there any harmful side effects to swallowing smoke, besides just feeling sick?

12. it doesnt even make me feel sick....

13. Don't see how, It's trapped in an air bubble in your stomach.

14. I do it when I'm drunk then take big bong rips.. it's funny as hell for some reason.

15. i heard it causes stomach bleeding.

16. Nope, I burped smoke out like 15mins+ later once.

Usually happens from gulping smoke down when you take too big of a hit, usually happens when I hit a pipe like it's a bong.

And edibles do make your shits/farts smell like weed, no bullshit there, weedshit actually :)

17. lol thank you.

18. It could probably cause stomach ulcerations if it's a common thing for you, and done frequently in a short period of time, but you're more likely to get stomach ulceraions from NSAIDS like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Naproxen, ect.

I've thrown up, a few times, from swallowing smoke. Depends on the person, and what their stomach can tolerate, and how much is swallowed, but getting sick could be possible.

Sounds like you're lucky :D Cuz throwing up from weed SUCKS.

No problem man.

19. If you don't inhale right, and there's still smoke lingering in your throat/mouth and you take a drink, then you've probably just swallowed smoke, which is bad.

20. it's not really weird, sometimes i swallow after i take fat hits from a pipe.. just cause of the harshness, combined with cotton mouth/ & lately sore throat from the flu.

i doubt it could honestly be that bad. i mean compared to what some other people do to their bodies. better than a cigarette, but i could be wrong