Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Swallowing after inhaling?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Master Kief, Mar 24, 2010.

1. I know what u mean. If i take a big rip of some dank and swallow, my throat starts tingling and it makes me want to cough. Gets me high as fuck tho. And i cant stop coughing until i burp it all out.

2. yeah i sometime have the urge to swallow the saliva and if i do will be burping for the day

3. When i first started smoking, after i took a hit i would feel the urge to swallow and not inhale. You just have to force yourself not to do it, because if you swallow smoke you'll burp it back up later.

4. when i swallow the smoke after a hit (accidently) i feel like i cant breathe and i wanna throw up haha

5. Yes, I do this every time I take a bigger-than-average hit. There's just so much saliva in my mouth that I need to either swallow or spit it out.

6. Yeah, I swallow about every time. I think it's my reaction to suppressing the urge to cough when I take a monster hit.

7. I have literally been swallowing since I started, I dunno why I started swallowing after I took a hit but it's turned into a habit. Doesn't bother me at all really, sometimes I even think it helps cool down my throat...that could just be in my head though I'm not sure it really does anything like that:cool:

8. Yeah if I smoke a big cone, i feel the need to swallow the smoke, and this if often when I feel sick or green out, so I try to avoid doing it..

9. Isn't that called choking? Like where you take a hit, and it hits you so hard that you kind of choke?

10. It won't affect your high but it might make you get sick.

11. I read a theory on gc that swallowed smoke is smoke that doesn't touch your alveoli so it doesn't get you high.
    I know not everything you hear is credible, just something to think about.

12. It's not a theory, it's a fact.

13. Ok so wouldnt the swallowed smoke reduce the high you get?

for example i take a huge rip and don't swallow any, i feel like that affects me more then when i try to clear the bowl or something and end up swallowing a load of smoke.

14. Well duh. The less smoke you inhale the less high you'll get. Common sense :)

15. Lol alright I was responding to the statement you made about it not affecting your high..but thanks for clearing up anyway I was wondering about that.

16. Yeah what I meant was it won't make you higher :D

17. About 3 weeks ago i was blazing in my neighbours basement and i took a pretty big bong hit, was ready to exhale, but then found myself too baked to take out the bowl, so i continued to inhale, and finally after 3 more seconds i got the bowl out, but my lungs were so full of smoke it somehow made me instinctively swallow. This COMPLETELY killed my high because i started feeling nauseous, greened out, and had the shittiest 2-3 hours of my life...
    I was then learning in biology class and apparently that type of thing has something to do with carbon monoxide, and its really bad for you - since then I have started taking slightly smaller hits and clearing the bowl earlier, it makes it safer and less likely to swallow the smoke... Take my advice, it can really make that blaze session 10x better :)