swaenKs First Time Journal.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by paenk, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Lay off the spray on her. Some plants dont take ferts to well. I say lower dosage. Its better to under nute then over.

2. for foliar feeding give them 1/3 the dose as with soil so if its 1 tsp per gal give it 1/4 per gal. As the plants growth rate goes up as it gets older you can feed it more foliarly and in the soil. If you ever burn or run your plants dry let the roots recover with plain water and a few light feedings before going heavy on the ferts.

3. 1/3 the dose? Hehehe, I am surprised they didn't just die there and then. I was experimenting and added some blood meal tea, combined with my fish emulizer. It was all diluted in 3 litres of water, but still I probably shouldn't have used no where near as much. It's just odd that it didn't hurt my bigger plant I sprayed it more.

4. Okay, I have a small problem (hopefully). I have small white spots on my largest plant Mary-Jane. Also the only noticeable bug infestation if you can even call it that is normal black house flies, but they are always on or around my plant. Any advice? Anyone have any idea what this is? I posted this in the proper forum but no one ever seems to reply :/.

Attached Files:

5. It seemed to have gone away so no worries I guess.

I applied some LST to Rebecca, I had to cut off 4 fan leaves because of major burning. No matter it has been a while and she still seems to thrive so here is the picture. If anything she will recieve more light because of the trimming.
    [​IMG]
    It's odd though, one side of the plant has two stems coming out of one it looks like. It's fucked up, there is double the growth then there should be. I am not complaining mind you, just curious :).

Here is the rooting formula I have gotten, tell me what you guys think. It's a powder.
    [​IMG]
    It's made for softwood so it sounds like it was the right choice.

6. Here's an update of Mary-Jane...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looking healthy in my opinion.

7. Your plants sure have come a long way since the first few pictures. Your grow is developing nicely now. I cant wait for flowering :)

8. Aye Swaenk! Glad to see they are coming along so nicely. Check my journal again if you get a chance. I have finally managed to update some as well after a week or so of work hell lol. Keep it up mate, hope harvest is great for you . . .

Gg

9. Thanks, I checked out your thread, good stuff. This is my cloning chamber, I wont be cloning for about another week when my new chamber is setup for vegging, mothers, and cloning so I have time, but when do you think I should take cuttings?

Attached Files:

10. Its best to wait for preflowers just so you dont end up with tons of male cuttings.

11. NOOOO MY BEST PLANT IS MALE. This has ruined me. RUINED. Well I am not 100 percent sure it's male, but I looked at new growth under a magnifying glass and I saw little small ball-shaped growth that was near the new leaf growth at the internode. My other plant, Rebecca which isn't doing very good any more is female though, I am almost posotive. But she sucks compared to Mary-Jane. Why?! WHY?! This is like bad karma or something.

12. plant it far awy outdoors and harvest it or hash in fall, dont bother to water, let mother nature water it. Mabey give it one or two flower feedings.

13. I'm going to sell it to my friend for 40 dollars and buy a new batch of seeds. I made so many soil/pH mistakes this time around. I need a pen but the cheapest one I can get is 80 dollars. I'm also gonna do some LST on MJ because I might as well get practice heh.

14. get a testkit for lik $5 get the one with a Vial and drops.

15. Big news, I am getting 5 clones from a friend, it's Blueberry. He also told me that it looked like I have severe nute burn and pH toxicity. So yeah, I am bringing out my only winner to my cabin this weekend to be planted outside, fucking male, pisses me off. I decided not to give it to my friend because he is still living at home and he is so close to getting kicked out. Next pay check I am also ordering some more prime seeds to get a variety going on. I have averaged it out, I will be able to hold up to 40 plants in various ages in my new vegging area. It will hold four 40 watt 48" fluorescent tubes. As soon as they out grow my veg room straight into flowering they are.

16. Well, my "male" has hairs on it. Legitimite female hairs. But I'm confused as fuck because the hairs are growing out of the balls. The balls?! Note: I only see one ball and the hairs grow out of he balls I always thought that there was more then 1 ball per node, anyone care to ellaborate? I would show you a picture but my camera can't zoom in that close.

17. hard to say with out a pic but sounds like a fem pre flower...males have clusters of balls and no hairs...

18. Well I know some of it's female, the only other chance is it's a hermie, which I really doubt because I don't see any clusters.

I am currently in the midst of attempting to make tea for my plants. I got a 5 gallon bucket, and taped a very old shirt onto it. I then layed some soil mulch, blood meal, bone meal, and and fish emulizer. I then poured water up to the soaking level with the mixture. It should soak the nutrients out when I squeeze them in one days time, I think that one of my plants are lacking both N and P. So we will see how this works.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Okay, I setup my HPS just for the fuck of it, I am sick of the fluoro's. It's only 400W I couldn't affourd the 600 due to some reflux hehe. Anyways...

[​IMG]

Here's the ballast, it gets so fucking hot, I am going to have to get a cement block for it soon enough.

[​IMG]

That's the light, I don't know how to get rid of the shades effect.

[​IMG]

And here's my plans for this week, to finally finish my cloning/vegging chamber.

20. Well I took clones, interesting experience, wouldn't be suprised if they all died. Here's some pictures.

[​IMG]

That's my new system half setup. I have to buy two more lights, get a power drill, set up the side and I will be finished.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn't bother to cut the tips of the clones, I hope it doesn't make too big of a difference.