swaenKs First Time Journal.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by paenk, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Did wou water the whole bucket to saturation when you transplanted? Only water when the bucket weels light and the soil is just moist 1" down. Did you already cut the bottoms off or your taking a hand saw to them?

2. No I didn't saturate, should I have? I watered a little bit... is it too late to water now? I havn't cut the buttoms off yet, I am just gonna get a hand saw from my cousins.

3. Yea water the whole pot till it drips out the bottom. And do this every time you water. And whenever you stransplant opull the lights up for a few hours till they get settled in then drop the lights on em.

4. Thanks, done and done. I used about 4 litres of water and it still wasn't SOAKED to the dripping point. If I were to do that it would take like 7 litres of water I think. I can deffinitely feel the weight difference. Thanks for the information, you have no idea how much I appreciate this.

5. use that weight so you know when to water, just wait till it feels like a pot filled with moist soil. Run em on the damp side though so they turn out healthy girls, just dont let it get bone dry.

6. Okay sounds good. Here's some more pictures of the babies...

One of four
    [​IMG]

Two of four
    [​IMG]

The other four some other time. Just a question, after I watered them, I found that there was this moss type shit on it. It was white and it was almost like fur, really fine and hard to see. Do you know what this is?

7. Okay, here's the updated links. I am getting frustrated. Two of my plants are just thriving, while two others aren't even growing. It's annoying :(. Just judge the size difference in these two pictures. It's not that they are doing bad either (still a nice green), just not growing...

Small.
    [​IMG]

Doing good.
    [​IMG]

8. Hmm, it's really hard to judge size with those pictures. Here, check this out. They are getting pretty big, growing about half an inch a day at least (the ones that are actualy growing that is). It's really annoying the two that are growing, are GROWING, the two that aren't growing are just taking there time. I have seen new growth on one of them, but there is still nothing, , I think they are gonna die.

Attached Files:

9. They may be starved for light. usually when the plants are real tall like that, with no leaves or anything just a long steam it means they arent getting enough light. Either get more lights, or you could put the lights you have closer to the plants or at a diffrent angle or something. Tin foil helps as well. but the later pics you posted looks like they are doing better. I dont know why they arent growing verry fast, cuz im a first time grower... just like you.

10. I was assuming with such a long thread you would be farther along than me but give them a little time looks like they will recover. I was able to salvage two almost burnt plants that are looking good now, check out my journal if you have a minute.

Your questions on fertilizers and the answers folks gave helped me a ton, I will need to start that soon I think. Have used no ferts at all yet.

Keep up the good work I look forward to see you succeed 8 ).

GG

11. They were originally very starved for light. I was off partying on there first 3 days of sprout growth when there should of been lots of light. That was my fault, and I payed for it a lot. 2 died, and 2 are in suspended growth, not moving at all. But now they have constant light, and the ones that are growing, are growing very fast.

12. Yeah I started this thread before I even had the seeds :) But atleast you can see all of the growth, very well with this thread. It shows pictures right from the start. Thanks man, I hope to succeed too. I think I might have to build a very large grow setup for my mother :/

13. Ive saved a few too, they make it in the end. I just saved one yesteday growing wild in my garden. I didnt plant it, i havent even seen seeded bud at my house but there was a big party 4 weeks ago where it could have gotten tossed or planted by a friend.

14. That's just wierd, was it good and healthy? Good stuff, yeah I hope these two are gonna make it, but it doesn't look good. One wasn't good from the start, it had very small leaf growth and still does. It doesn't even look normal. The other one was growing very well off the start, but now it just stopped and the buttom original growth leaves are turning yellow. The big main leaves on both are still very green though.

15. Those little tiny first leaves are going to turn yellow and die off I believe Swaenk that is inevitable. From what I understand it feeds the plant some at an early age. As long as the top leaves are still green you are in business mate.

GG

16. Well for my thriving plants I am not too worried, but for my near deadlings that refuse to grow, the yellowing is kinda scary. One of my deadlings (gonna refer to my failutres as deadlings from now on) is actualy shrivling up. It's sad, poor thing. Here's two pictures so you can judge the difference in size. It's so fucked up.

Deadling, that is sure to pass over in the next few days.
    [​IMG]

Thriving beauty.
    [​IMG]

17. Growing is such a rewarding experience. Here's another update. I am sure you are all getting sick of me posting pictures :)

These are my two thriving babies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Looking healthy!

19. yea they def look good! easier than ya thought huh?

20. Deffinitely. When do you think they should go under HPS? Also when is the right time to start training?