Suviving my 1st grow--are these preflowers?

Discussion in 'Picture Post Archive' started by JasK, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Here are the plants that survived despite my miserable start and mother nature's damp spirits. I have researched how to tell the difference between male and female plants, but since I have never actually seen them in person, I was hoping that I could get an educated eye to take a look. I am thinking I have some senoritas on my hands, but maybe I am wrong
    Please lend me an opinion--THANKS

Attached Files:

2. here are a couple more pics to look at

Attached Files:

3. ...and another... (these are all different plants)

Attached Files:

4. Here are closer looks at "A" and "B" the two largest plants in the garden--this is "A"

Attached Files:

5. ...And here is "B"

Attached Files:

6. Here are A and B together (I am really creative coming up with names, huh?)

Attached Files:

7. ...And here is a pic of a different plant. Looks like a different strain--can anyone identify it--or any of them for that matter

Attached Files:

8. ...Yet more plants. These were heavily damaged by insects while I have been recovering from back surgery and couldnt tend to them

Attached Files:

9. ...And finally, I just want to show this one little plant that is in different part of the garden. It was the only survivor out of six. It is all by itself, away from the others. It was also feasted on by bugs while I was down

Attached Files:

10. There are more, but I think that will do for now. I hope someone will share some wisdom with me
    THANKS

11. Since my surgery I have started a new generation. They are still in germination. These will be grown inside. I plan on keeping up with a photo journal to cover seed2harvest. For now, here is my setup for your consideration

12. here it is for now

Attached Files:

13. The lights are setup by using a pulley that I had from an old weight bench. Unfortunately, I can not utilize this ingenuity because of my back. It is still to heavy for me until a couple of months pass. Here is the pulley

Attached Files:

14. the third pic and the third last pic are sativas, you can tell by the long finger like leaves.......they will grow taller as well......which strain i doubt you'll ever find out unless you knew wher thjey came from.......the rest look like indica's or at least indica dominant.......as for sex, like woody said, but the pics would need to be closer and in more detail, have you force flowered them or are they flowering by themselves wherever you live?.........Peace out.........Sid

15. Mucho gracias amigo. I really appreciate your input Woody. I am sure you are right, I guess I am just over anxious-I am all out and I have no way to get around to pick up more.

Anyway, it is hard to tell from the photos. Pictures do lose a lot when you convert them to web-ready. However, there are little white hairs coming up that you can see in person. I have reasons to be optimistic.\t

I will post more pics as the plants develop further.

16. Sid, I think you are right on the money. I thought I had read somewhere that Sativas have leaves that are narrow, and Indica leaves are more broad. They were all from the bag so I was inclined to think that it would all be the same strain–I am learning. Strange thing though, the indicas are the taller plants. I guess any one of a hundred variables could be at work-anything can happen in nature.

You mentioned about force-flowering them, how can you force flower outside plants? I would try just about anything within my means to accelerate harvest-especially with my restricted mobility which is expected to last quite a bit longer.

I appreciate any advice on the subject

17. It is like waiting for water to boil. Unfortunately I have little else to do o for the time being. My first plant just broke through the soil in my next generation. I am so proud here is babies first picture.

Attached Files:

18. well it's a very technical procedure........lol......you have to cover them for 12 hours outwith daytime of course, with a big black bag.......lol......Peace out.......Sid

19. I had given that idea some thought, but didnt know what kind of bag would work. I figured that a black plastic bag like one of those big garbage can liner or yard bag would burn them up under the hot sun. By the end of the day they would be wilted beyond recovery, wouldn't they. What kind of bag are you referring too? Would like a breathable landscape fabric work?

Oh by the way, plant B is definitely a lady, but the jury is still out on A. Since they are right next to each other what is the worst that could Happen?--Just a lot of seeds?

One more thing, I dont know if I ever have had male bud-I am sure I probably have. Will it work, and how much inferior is it.

I greatly appreciate yoyr infinite wisdom and divine guidance here. (am I kissing ass here or what?--Oh well so I am an information whore, I can live with it.

20. I hear you loud and clear on that amigo. I went out and got some better pics (I hope). The first two are Plant “B”–the one I am pretty sure is a female. The last two is Plant “A”–I am not sure here. It does look like there are white hairs coming out. It is still hard to tell, although I don't see any rounded shoots either.
    \tI just don't want to go ripping anything out of the ground before I am sure. At what stage does pollination occur? In other words-when would it be too late to remove and present seedy buds?

Attached Files: