suspicious parents hire sniffer dogs

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by LiSenXi, Feb 10, 2012.

1. They have that right.

2. it is their house and their kid, if they wanna pay to have it searched its totally their choice
    my mom threatened to do this once i think... rediciulous for sure but as ^he^ said its thier right so other than something to scoff at its pretty irrelevant...

3. #5 benthamj49, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
    Yeah they have the right, but its like having ATF raid your kids room to find out if they have alcohol. Just exercise better parenting, save the cash on the dogs, and don't worry about this issue.

It's like the legalization argument: We currently punish rather than treat when necessary...it's fucked. I don't need the government's help raising my kids and I don't want them to do it for me. (The government is just in the legalization issue, not in the dog sniffing-for-hire business).

4. ^i do think that the dogs were owned by a private business in this case and they didn't take any legal action, just came in, searched and left

but as a parent this seems like a bad move because it develops a trust barrier between you and your child, which may have already existed but it seems it would be wiser to simply break down this barrier if at all possible, something that i could see being extremely difficult if you actually hire someone to professionally SEARCH your childs room

5. These folks must not be big believers in family therapy.:confused:
    What is next, the home prison?

6. arent dogs pretty inaccurate anyways? like a 40% success rate?

i remember something like that being posted not long ago.

7. ^ that mans wife needs to give it to him more often, it appears his masturbation habits are getting pretty out of hand....

seriously tho, wtf? :confused:

8. You're backwards. The minor has already created a trust barrier by possessing and consuming illegal drugs in their parents home.

Kids rarely think of the consequences their parents may be subject to when they do things like that. Especially if they are dealing.

9. Well I don't really think people under 18 should be using to begin with and if they're over 18 then they can either move out or try to talk some sense into their parents.

10. When it comes right down to it, if the kid is keeping his shit out of sight and out of mind, then the parents are totally unwarranted in trying to find his shit.

If its out of sight and out of mind, nobody is being affected by the marijuana use, and nobody knows any better. But if a parent roots around, they are in essence opening Pandora's box. What they find never would have been an issue otherwise, so they more or less caused the issue by looking for one.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with this world. Parents are getting shittier and shittier by the hour. If you actually have to search for your kids weed, then you the parent are at fault for unearthing something that never would have been discovered otherwise.

11. Brainwashed sheeple buying into giving up thier liberty for efficient security.why dont they just raise them right to begin with.

It's easier to send your kids to strangers to educate them,sit them infront of a tv to mold thier moral compass, then when those government approaches dont work try more government techniques like the one with the dog. instead of sitting them down through thier lives and speaking with them,maybe get to know them, maybe even take time to mold who there gonna be.but dont forget if you spare the rod you will end up spoiling your child and who wants spoiled children..lol

12. Wtf that's just messed up waste of money anyway if you worry that much you might as well just call the cops on your kids. It's to the point that the kids are more locked up in prison than having a actual family.

13. Its obvious the parents want to have the house to themselves
    Thus, the reason why their children are more than happy to put them into a home when the time comes

14. Lol! It's hilarious. Might start the business model with a safe confiscation service too. :p

15. Oh this is too easy, if you know that the dog is coming.

Get some ammonia from the hardware store, put 5 - 7 drops of it at your door opening on the floor. Dogs use the ammonia on our skin to detect people. Having even a couple drops near it is the equivilent of dropping a room full of sweaty people on top of it. Theres no way it will pick out the drugs after that.

16. I would think if the kids knew of the dogs they would grab their shit ahead of time and remove it from the house
    Forget trying to outsmart a trained dog and handler

17. I don't think the parents would warn their children...