Survived the rain, antsy to get finished as it gets colder. How close do you think I am?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by newgrower_yay, Sep 27, 2017.

1. My ladies survived 3 days or rain and 40-degree weather and, knock on wood, don't really look worse for the wear. Proud of em.

That said, temperatures are swinging between 50 and 72ish degrees for the high and mid-40 lows for the foreseeable future with some rain mixed in here and there. I'm antsy to get to the end before the weather takes an unexpected turn.

I guess what I am asking is should I officially start my flush? I was thinking if I started it for approx ~2 weeks with maybe the 11th of October being harvest date it should finish up adequately?

Here is where it's at right now. Can't for the life of me differentiate between clear and cloudy trichomes. Looks cloudy to my wife and I but who knows. Pistils definitely aren't ~50% orange yet, but I figure in two weeks time they'll get there?

What do you guys think?
    IMG_5884.jpg
    IMG_5889.jpg IMG_5896.jpg IMG_5919.jpg IMG_5925.jpg

2. Start your flush, just add 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses per gallon of water for the next week. Plants in soil can take a long time to flush, especially if using organic nutes. Be on the lookout for bud rot with the wet cold temps. As a side note a magnifying loupe is an invaluable tool for checking out tricrome maturation, "it's also really cool".

3. Trichomes are not visible with the naked eye. Need a jeweler's loupe to be able to see them. You need at least 25% amber coloring in trichomes to pull. More amber means a more potent plant after cure. Google "trichomes" for some good basic illustrations of what you''re looking for. TWW

4. I'd say those have around 3 weeks to go. You'd be surprised at how long you can let them go before they amber up. The pistils are just starting to die off from what i can see in your pics. Then they'll recede back into the calyx, and the buds will fatten up as a result. You're going to lose a lot of bud weight if you harvest before they go through their final stages.

5. Let them go as along as you can ! You wont regret it.

6. Thanks for the input, all. Just to clarify a couple things: first, I do have a loupe (the third and fourth picture I posted were taken through it). I just have a hard time differentiating between what are clear and cloudy trichomes. Second, I definitely wasn’t planning on harvesting now. What I was thinking was that if I started a flush for two weeks that that would take it into its harvest window.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. U don't really need a loupe outdoors. In the sun it's pretty dead obvious especially the amber which is what u should be looking for. Aka orange trichomes. If u got 40% amber u already have cloudy too so no need to really look at that

• Like Like x 1
  8. Also look at the buds not the sugarleaves. Those go amber way earlier

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

See what I mean? U can also zoom in with phone too. It gets pretty close and HD

10. Cloudy just means u can't really see through it as opposed to clear. But look for amber. Forget about that

11. Right on. You think 2 weeks will get me thereabouts? Weather really has kind of gone to shit here and I’m wary of budrot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum